Help me wiring

zach45

Yes, that's correct. You could also retain the low beams by using a 3 position on-off-on switch. Center position would be off, 1 way would be low beam, the other way would be high beam. If you do that, the center terminal would be your power supply, and low and high beam would be connected to each end terminal. Some on-off-on switches are momentary. Make sure you don't get one of those. I think they are designated on the package as (on)off(on).

Actually if you're going to do that, you need a double pole, double throw 6 terminal switch to isolate the tail light.

Edited by Starwriter

There is basically one power (yellow/black) wire the system runs off of. As long as you run that to the voltage regulator and the switch going to the lights you are good. On mine I used a three way on-off-on switch: all the way back kills the bike (ground circuit) middle is on no lights and all the way forward is on and lights on (power circuit). If you want to go this route make sure the two circuits are isolated so you don't short it out. (use a switch with six connections on the back)