New look on the Shee

SuperMex

Thanks for all the kind words, its a old Cascade seat that was originally red and yellow that I rattle canned with some flat black vinyl paint. I have ridden it many, many hours since and it hasn't flaked or rubbed off at all. The rest of paint is all rattle can as well with a lot of emphasis on "PREP". The bike was originally red and yellow but that wasn't my thing so I changed it up. For painting your plastics I first did a lot of prep work and used Krylon Fusion but it sucked and chipped off with the slightest rub of a boot or anything. Then I re-sanded them down and cleaned them thoroughly and used some Bulldog Promoter and some Walmart rattle can flat black and it held up 10x better and after 4 days in Glamis and getting sandblasted and ridden hard it doesn't have a scratch on it. Also If you have anything that is chrome or polished aluminum that you want colored they sale a can of translucent paint at AutoZone called METALCAST by Dupli Color that if sprayed over anything Chrome or Polished it looks just like Anodizing as a matter of fact everyone who has seen my side cases in person thought I had them anodized. It comes out really nice and is way cheaper than anodizing just make sure to clear coat it and your good to go.

• 3 weeks later...