100mph drag/trail shee? is it possible?

purpbanshee

that awesome.

and by the way my old 350cc "trail bike was geared at 15/38 with 22" tires. i liked it in the trails because of the way it spread the power out. the motor was designed to have such a broad powerband that it was actually fun in the trails. i didnt have to shift it all the damn time. a lil whack on the throttle and the nose was in the air. and yes it had a round carrier stock length swingarm. also had a +4 on it at one time. no custom 2 1/4 length bs for me.

on the dyno yea it hit like 95mph or some shit. but it never got there even at the dunes. my fat ass and the total lack of overrev due to its inherint desin and intended power output made it nearly impossible to pull middle rpm in 6th gear.. even after i farted a LONG time from some stankleg burritos it wouldnt go any faster.. DAMN!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damnit Shannon. Stop your bullying right now, before the White Knight scorns you.

Actually Matt (notice correct comma placement), my last name is Knight. I just can't help it. It's in my blood. :shrugani:

Wheat

You know its pretty sweet my first topic I posted hit 80 replies already. I mean wow it doesn’t take much to draw people to your topic on hear .lol what a joke thanks for nothing on this one. If I had of known I was dealing with a bunch English teachers I would have spell checked. What a bunch you guys are.

Come on now, don't get all butt hurt about a little teasing. In all actuallity, it just isn't feasible to have something that runs out over 3 digits. #1) ATV tires are not rated for that speed nor are they balanced which should be something you think about before even attempting those speeds. 2) As John said, it is nothing more than a gearbox with you max engine RPM being the begining factor (regardless of stroke, bore, HP or TQ) followed by the drive sprocket, driven sprocket and tire type and size (I specify type because some tires actually grow taller at higher speeds).

Now, in order to get there you are gonna have to gear it pretty tall and to pull that tall gearing you're gonna need a big motor,. Drag bikes make a lot of power at higher RPMs and are geared such that they run out of gear at what hopefully is the end of the track because there is no need for more gear. But it isn't about top speed, it's more about getting off the line and, say a 60ft time, on a 300 ft track.

Sure, we can all gear up and go faster but if you can't get the bike rolling to start with it is fairly useless.

We have all read so many posts about triple digit bikes, boost bottles, ported heads, etc, that we have a tendancy to flame anyone that brings them up. It doesn't mean we don't or wouldn''t like you, it just means if the question is rediculous at the core, you may get some shit for it. That's all :cheers:

SP

Come on now, don't get all butt hurt about a little teasing. In all actuallity, it just isn't feasible to have something that runs out over 3 digits. #1) ATV tires are not rated for that speed nor are they balanced which should be something you think about before even attempting those speeds. 2) As John said, it is nothing more than a gearbox with you max engine RPM being the begining factor (regardless of stroke, bore, HP or TQ) followed by the drive sprocket, driven sprocket and tire type and size (I specify type because some tires actually grow taller at higher speeds).

Now, in order to get there you are gonna have to gear it pretty tall and to pull that tall gearing you're gonna need a big motor,. Drag bikes make a lot of power at higher RPMs and are geared such that they run out of gear at what hopefully is the end of the track because there is no need for more gear. But it isn't about top speed, it's more about getting off the line and, say a 60ft time, on a 300 ft track.

Sure, we can all gear up and go faster but if you can't get the bike rolling to start with it is fairly useless.

We have all read so many posts about triple digit bikes, boost bottles, ported heads, etc, that we have a tendancy to flame anyone that brings them up. It doesn't mean we don't or wouldn''t like you, it just means if the question is rediculous at the core, you may get some shit for it. That's all :cheers:

SP

Excellent post.

Wheat

SP

Thanks for the good info. Nice to get a straight answer. And for the record i spent a month reading posts on this site Before i posted anything at all. Was just looking for more to the point info about MY mods and setup. It may have been a bad title choice but it did draw a lot of attention

why does everyone kick him in the balls, and then apologize for it and say were are all just teasing and playing....?

fuck it, I went to public schools, my spelling, grammar, punctuation and proper placement of adverbs is completely fucked up

if he cant take it, like Tyler said, skip on over to the other sites and let them talk about puppies and kittens, but god forbid, dont say fuck shit damn or piss

you may get banned from there and come back here regardless..?

was that a run on sentence?

• 1 month later...

Like they said trap speed won't win the race. Nor will your current setup be very effective in the trails if geared too high. Now something like a 421 cheetah PV with the right setup, even with dirt tires you can break 100 mph on asphalt. Not necessarily recommended lol but it can be done. Also a powervalved motor will allow you to trail ride a lot of power with more control.