help identifiying parts and what im missing on new banshee

BRAK54

hey guys, new to the site and new to banshee's i just picked one up dirt cheap 2 days ago and know nothing about it i was wondering if i could get some help IDing whats done to my quad the KID i bought it from didnt know anything about it basically all he said was there was a single carb converion and it had some high compression pistons and thats about it, im looking to get stock headlights back on and the plastics, im guessing this thing is missing alot of stock parts anyways, with these pictures can anyone tell me whats done to the quad and what its missing thanks! also can anyone tell me where those to electrionic boxes mount to i seen there just hanging when i took off the gas tank and he left me no bolts either

100_1482.jpg

100_1481.jpg

100_1480.jpg

100_1479.jpg

100_1478.jpg

100_1477.jpg

100_1476.jpg

100_1475.jpg

100_1474.jpg

100_1473.jpg

Edited by BRAK54

The one with the sparkplug wires, gets mounted above the intake right under the back of the gastank. The box, aka CDI box, gets mounted in the back under the seat, by where the grab bar mounts up to it.

Actually the coil gets mounted at the front of the gas tank not the rear. There is a couple of hole you can see on the cross bar in the first pic that the coil mounts to and it looks like someone has shortened the wires on the CDI so it does not look like it will stretch to the back of the frame like it should so you will probably need to fab up a mount on the front of the bike for that. Your headlight mounts have been cut off the front of the frame other than that it looks like most everything is there.

Looks like a home made lowering kit to me. What is with the block of wood bolted to the left footpeg? LOL

Welcome to BHQ !! :cheers:

First part I would buy is a Clymers repair manual, bout $25. My coil mounts to the frame tube above/ forwards of the plugs, other side of the loop that wires etc run thru. X-2 on cdi box, if wires are long enough. What did you pay if I may ask? Get any plastic with it? Does it run? Looks to be decent otherwise!! :cheers: Be sure where the coil mounts you have clean/bare metal.

Edited by Larry's Shee

Actually the coil gets mounted at the front of the gas tank not the rear. There is a couple of hole you can see on the cross bar in the first pic that the coil mounts to and it looks like someone has shortened the wires on the CDI so it does not look like it will stretch to the back of the frame like it should so you will probably need to fab up a mount on the front of the bike for that. Your headlight mounts have been cut off the front of the frame other than that it looks like most everything is there.

your right. ive been working on a blaster the past few days and had a brain fart.

also looks like they stript where the pegs bolt in to the frame .then fixed by placing a long bolt in the oppisite direction. that could be painful if ur foot slips off the peg. looks good over all. throw the coil on and see if see goes :bolt: goodluck

Edited by shakar

Welcome to BHQ !! :cheers:

First part I would buy is a Clymers repair manual, bout $25. My coil mounts to the frame tube above/ forwards of the plugs, other side of the loop that wires etc run thru. X-2 on cdi box, if wires are long enough. What did you pay if I may ask? Get any plastic with it? Does it run? Looks to be decent otherwise!! :cheers: Be sure where the coil mounts you have clean/bare metal.

i traded a motor for this banshee

anyways yeah it runs but takes 50 kicks than it will idle for like 10 second than just reves super high than i hit the kill switch he told me the gas in there is about 3 months ago anyways today i ran out bought some new plugs new gas and some blensall ill be messing with it all day today im in a rush right now to go pick up my gf at work but thanks for all the replies guys, ill keep you all updated i plan on building this banshee up over this winter!

then its about rebuilt time, you want to be 140-160 IIRC

No, 125-135 is what a brand new motor has depending on altitude, you are probobly thinking of the compression of a banshee with a cool head with about a 20cc dome.