I just bought a 2011 Banshee and have some questions

omar1412

Hi guys

I finally bought a brand new Yamaha banshee, and the motor hardly kicks in It takes a long time to start What should I do? or Is this normal? ( There is only half a gallone of fuel). , How long do the plugs last before I need to change them? and How do I replace them?

This my first

Banshee so I only have little knowledge about It.

Thank you...

if you just bought a brand new shee from a dealer, i would be returning it if it didn't start on the first kick.

and i assume you dont live in the US.

Hi, I add a fuel mixture today and it started from the second kick but lots of smoke is coming from the exhaust (26.1 ratio for braking in) I think this is normal due to the oil being burned Isn't it?

I dont live in the US.

26:1 is to much oil for the motor, even for break in. Most of us guys on here have done several Topend Rebuilds and Break In Periods. We are giving you proper first hand advice to run 32:1.Dont listen to the dealer, im sure they dont have more knowledge them the guys on here.

Yeh I am going to run it at 32 on the second tank.

Yes, I am. Actually, I am not going to follow what the dealer say because they told me to do 20:1 and clean the plugs every 10-15 hours of use and thats too much. I am know at 31:1.

yes.....way too much oil. You should be running it at 32:1. If you are running a god quality synthetic 2 stroke oil you can even run it around 40:1.

Yes, I am. Actually, I am not going to follow what the dealer say because they told me to do 20:1 and clean the plugs every 10-15 hours of use and thats too much. I am know at 31:1.

Good job Omar. The dealers in the KSA or the USA for that matter dont know what they are talking about. I guess you got in in al khobar, where I got my 2009 this year?

Enjoy the banshee!

Good job Omar. The dealers in the KSA or the USA for that matter dont know what they are talking about. I guess you got in in al khobar, where I got my 2009 this year?

Enjoy the banshee!

The dealers dont care about your banshee in the long run because the warranty is only one year. I dont live in al khobar, I live in Riyadh. I have heard that they do sell 2009 banshees in Jeddah and Al khobar and

Dammam for a 18000 Riyal which is 4800 Dollars, very nice price because I have got mine for 23000 Rials which is 6100 dollars. By the way, How do you find Al khobar? and Do you ride your bike on the

beaches?

• 3 weeks later...

I also own a 2011 banshee and my guess about why it's hard to start and blowing a lot of smoke is because you need new spark plugs. I changed my spark plugs on the weekend and it's started first kIck and smoke cleared up in seconds where as before I changed them it took like 6-10 kicks to start and was blowing a lot of smoke.