rearend screwing up

willaduncan

Went ridin yesterday and the engine is running great or i think it is, when taking off my bike wont stand up or even try to, the rear wheels wont even spin ???? never had this problem it aint the quickest bike in the world but it will play with 450's all day long on a good day, any ways when taking off the rear end will pop or make a pop feeling if that makes sense. I think its either the chain is too loose sprockets are worn or maybe even bearings, the thing that stumps me is once it gets going it doesnt have the problem??? today im going to check the chain, sprockets, and bearings see if either of those is the issue if anyone else knows whats wrong or has an idea please give me some more suggestions because other than those 3 issues i have no idea what it could be.

Wrong forum...but thats ok, someone will probably move it.

Trying to diagnose a problem like that via the internet isnt the easiest task. Since you said it your hearing a pop towards the rear of the bike, and it doesnt want to run as hard- my first stop would be the bearings in the carrier. I'll bet you'll find an issue there.

where else would you want me to put it? this is considered a repair right? thanks I was kind of leaning towards bearings as well its just weird I know its hard to diagnose things like this on a forum I just throw anything that happens on here so if im missing something someone can point me in the right or different direction but yeah I think im going to order a bearing kit from allballs today, worst thing that could happen is I just have fresh bearings lol thanks again man

where else would you want me to put it? this is considered a repair right? thanks I was kind of leaning towards bearings as well its just weird I know its hard to diagnose things like this on a forum I just throw anything that happens on here so if im missing something someone can point me in the right or different direction but yeah I think im going to order a bearing kit from allballs today, worst thing that could happen is I just have fresh bearings lol thanks again man

You posted in the jetting and exhaust forum :shrugani: and my vote goes with the chain jumping over the sprocket.

SP

oh i dont know how this went into exhaust and jetting ??? i clicked mads and repairs damn computers lol, yea IDK what the hell is the problem yet ill figure it out I think Im going to pull the swing arm replace the bearings clean everything up get the chain nice and tight and greased up then see what happens, I hope its that simple. I havent bought bearings in a while is allballs still one of the best or is there someone better

yea I like all balls racing used them all my life so Ill stay with them thanks for everyones help

The only reason I say that is that All Balls do not manufacture the bearings that go into their kits. They buy them and put the kits together. You will get whatever bearing they are purchasing. They used to supply KML bearings. I do not know what they are supplying now. KML bearings are a great bearing, you just may not know what you will be getting until they arrive. Sometimes companies sell on convenience, getting bearings, seals, etc. in one package but you may get lesser quality componants. That is the only reason I go to a bearing supplier because I can specify the brand of bearing I am getting.

Nothing wrong with staying with a company you are familiar with though. Especially if you have never had a bad experience. Good quality items and good customer service is what generally keep people coming back.

:cheers:

SP

So do you get em online? if so what website do you go to cause I havent had a bike to put bearings in for about 6 years now so im open to suggestions! thanks man

I live in Kansas City, so I have a local IBT distributer in the area. I call them direct to find out what they have. If they don't have it I go to Applied Industrial. They are another large industrial disrtibuter and stock lots of bearings. Either one can usually order anything you want if they don't have it in stock.

SP

If it is poping and not spinning or moving then it has nothing to do with bearings. Your chain has got to be slipping on the sprockets.