laerger Stator and lights

figaro

I want to buy a larger stator for HID light 200wat what should i get ? and what lights do you all recommend ?

should i stay with the stock stator and just upgrade the lights to 35w halogen

ttp://www.trailtech.net/550-SB.html

or should i buy a larger 250w stator and run HID lights at 1oow per light ?

these are the Stators i found

http://www.electrosport.com/lighting-stator-yamaha-yfz350-banshee-95-06-high-output.html

LIGHTS

??? i DON'T KNOW WHERE TO FIND THEM

I want to buy a larger stator for HID light 200wat what should i get ? and what lights do you all recommend ?

should i stay with the stock stator and just upgrade the lights to 35w halogen http://www.trailtech.net/550-SB.html

or should i buy a larger 250w stator and run HID lights at 1oow per light ?

these are the Stators i found

http://www.electrosport.com/lighting-stator-yamaha-yfz350-banshee-95-06-high-output.html

http://www.rickystator.com/catalog/yamaha-banshee-watt-stator-wadjustable-plate-p-176.html

LIGHTS

??? i DON'T KNOW WHERE TO FIND THEM

if you get a 250w stator and convert it to dc to run hid you loose a lot of watts during the conversion. for a 250w stator you will see approx 190 watts according to ricky stator and electrosports. look at the HID kits on ebay and most of them are 35w kits. just search banshee HID kit of ebay you should be able to find the kit for like 45 bucks. dont forget your battery, regulator just my 2 cents

if you get a 250w stator and convert it to dc to run hid you loose a lot of watts during the conversion. for a 250w stator you will see approx 190 watts according to ricky stator and electrosports. look at the HID kits on ebay and most of them are 35w kits. just search banshee HID kit of ebay you should be able to find the kit for like 45 bucks. dont forget your battery, regulator just my 2 cents

thanks I am looking into them now :cheers:

Doh! Jumped the gun again. :shrugani:

Those are not HID's, also. What you have there is old school over-head-projector bulbs or low voltage landscape lighting in fancy housings, is all.

You could have spent $10 on Tusk super white bulbs for your stock lights and got the same light output as those.

Doh! Jumped the gun again. :shrugani:

Those are not HID's, also. What you have there is old school over-head-projector bulbs or low voltage landscape lighting in fancy housings, is all.

You could have spent $10 on Tusk super white bulbs for your stock lights and got the same light output as those.

banghead

where can i find those bulbs then ? does that mean i keep the stock light housing ?

I know they are not HIDs but i though i must have stator to put HIDs and after reading the forum about stators i changed my mined coz everyone was saying they loose performance with after market stators.

You can float the ground on your stock stator and run a regulator/ rectifier with a battery and run LED's. The Vision X lights are very bright. They are a little expensive but atleast you will be able to obtain the more reliable stock stator. The LED's are much lower wattage with similar output as the HID's. The first pic is a crappy phone pic, but one nice thing about running the battery is you can turn the lights on without the motor running.

bansheephonepic2.jpg

CIMG0477.jpg

Holly @#$% that's bright. I now need to know if they will accept if i return the lights i just bought. as Homer Simpson would say DOHH! banghead

I found you on youtube :rotflmao:

I aubscribed to your channel :D

how do you like your Vapo computer ?

I bought one today and a billet clam and handle bar.

so nice

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't find a small battery like the one you have? also what kind of grounding stuff i need?

I have the ebays site for the HID bulbs and kit but nothing ells.

A little help thank you

I have a Ktm battery and tray off of the 450 enduro bike on my banshee, I got it from a main dealer and it's fitted in the coolant bottle location under my seat. You could also mount it further forward as I have an airbox and you'll be running pods.

can you give me a link for the box and that kind of battery ? :D

i found this battry but if your one is lighter and smaller it is better. http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-10AH-SCOOTER-BATTERY-SCHWINN-MONGOOSE-UPG-UB12100-/120778824713?pt=US_Batteries&hash=item1c1efa9c09

I will return these lights banghead

The battery no. Is a ytx5l-bs that is a 12v 4ah

And the tray is off an 08 exc Ktm 450, the no under the barcode is 78011055000,

I live in the uk so don't know any dealers in the USA but it's very cheap and does the job you'll need to order 1 rubber strap with it all in it was about $12 and same for the battery which I got off of eBay. A dealer should help you with the tray though or if they have a parts micro Fische on they're site you'll find the part.