How much to pay for port job?

I recently rebuilt my top end, i still have the engine out and im going to get it ported. Im thinking an aggresive dune port ( mid- topend) and want to know a good price for porting and aslo who to get it done from. I had my cylinders bored at scribbs performance in San Diego ( live near them ) and he wants 650 for port job. But HJR Motors wants only 350 for port job. Is HJR good? Also should i get my crank welded and trued afterwards? Im a newbie to the site, Thanks for the help!

just take it to hjr he is only a few miles from you and is very good. scribbs is shit imo over priced on everything. there is another place called veys in san diego that does decent port work. but hands down hjr will be the man for you and have him true and weld your crank for 65 dollars. and just fyi scribbs didnt bore your jugs they send all there stuff to alba and then over charge you for it.

Do your research. Talk to the builders. And don't take for granted the feed back that you get from this site.

I have heard good things about HJR.

I have heard great things about Wildcard Racing.

My cylinders were ported by Nate Mccoy and he did an amazing job.

All of them as well as Jeff at fast, or wildcard will do you well. Ask about turnaround time , sometimes they hat backed up and it can take a very long time to get em back. HJR I believe and Wildcard are pretty fast gettin em done. it will probably cost you 300 to 400

stick with the site sponsors from this site. I personally went with Jeff at FAST and love his work......big difference. I have heard that Kevin at HJR is also the man when it comes to porting and building these motors. Personally i sent my crank out to get welded/trued at the same time that i sent my jugs out for porting. I look at it this way.......some have had cranks hold the power....some haven't......but i dno't want to build this thing then ride it 3 times and 2 months later have to buy a new crank cause it grenaded itself....i'd rather spend the $65 for the peace of mind.

One nice thing that i really like that Jeff did for me (im sure kevin does it too....just dont know personally) was that he offered me to get my crank shipped back to me almost immediately (it was done the 2nd day it was there) and he asked if i wanted it back ASAP so i could begin assembling the lower-end of the motor. I told him to just hold onto it and just ship it with the jugs (winter here so no riding anyways). it took a total of just less than 2 weeks INCLUDING shipping to him and back to me for reassembly.

Any site sponsors on here will do a great job.

I had Wildcard do an Aggressive Dune Port on my cylinders and I've been extremely happy. I've beat bikes with bigger motors on my ported stock 350. Great customer service and honestly goes along way :headbang:

Call around and talk to a few sponsors.