Reeds broken

willaduncan

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok so here goes I HAVE NO CLUE HOW IT HAPPENED but my left cylinder was not firing right if at all, I had just cleaned the carbs and air filters and replaced the spark plug still not running so I figured it had to be the reeds, I then pulled the left cylinders carb and sure enough there was a rock the size of a peanut setting in the reed cage? so I pulled the reeds out to get the rock out and one of the pedals was broken (thank God the rock didnt get past the reeds). I have the VForce 2 reeds, should I just fix them with new pedals or are the 3's or another set up better?

I just dont feel comfortable buying something like that from a small company, not that I dont support site sponsors cause I LOVE THE GUYS AT F.A.S.T but if something happens I just feel more comfortable buying things like that from a bigger company

:unsure:

Welcome to the HQ. If you found rocks in your reeds, then you've sucked other gritty stuff through your motor. Not the best thing for longevity...do a compression test.

As for your reed question, it's not that simple. There are variables you have to answer first.

If your a drag racer and longevity is second to a fractional performance gain, VF3's are what you'd want.

If you want the best performing, long term answer....that would be the 2 stage replacement reeds sold by Boyesen.

They will last years w/o issue and give the same HP numbers.

So: Racing to win....gotta go with VF3 because you already spend thousands on you motor and you'll get shit from your friends if you don't waste your money on reeds like they did .

Riding and having fun: Boyesen 2-stage on stock cages (or Chariot cages) because they last forever and Carbon Fiber is the worst material imaginable to be used in a flexible use environment.

Guess what I use..... :jesterlaugh:

Oh, and buy an air filter!! No rocks allowed!!

Edited by jayzx750

Welcome to the HQ. If you found rocks in your reeds, then you've sucked other gritty stuff through your motor. Not the best thing for longevity...do a compression test.

As for your reed question, it's not that simple. There are variables you have to answer first.

If your a drag racer and longevity is second to a fractional performance gain, VF3's are what you'd want.

If you want the best performing, long term answer....that would be the 2 stage replacement reeds sold by Boyesen.

They will last years w/o issue and give the same HP numbers.

So: Racing to win....gotta go with VF3 because you already spend thousands on you motor and you'll get shit from your friends if you don't waste your money on reeds like they did .

Riding and having fun: Boyesen 2-stage on stock cages (or Chariot cages) because they last forever and Carbon Fiber is the worst material imaginable to be used in a flexible use environment.

Guess what I use..... :jesterlaugh:

Oh, and buy an air filter!! No rocks allowed!!

thanks for your advice but just to let you know you can get a brand new set of VF3 for cheaper than if you buy a chariot cage and boysen reeds just FYI, I didnt go either route I just replaced the pedals took advice from Jeff @ FAST and he said the VF2's are the best and chariot doesnt offer military discounts so I will probably never do business with chariot plus everything the have is more than any one else for the same EXACT thing. And for the rock issue like i said brother it hasnt been my bike for long, ive owned it for about a month now and ridden it two or three times so I think it was there from the previous owner and i do have air filters, they are the K&N pods I always run with them and would like to think the guy I bought it from did as well.

To everyone else thanks for all the input I appreciate it ALOT!!

Edited by willaduncan