pleae help me choose suspension for my banshee Elka VS Fox evo

figaro

which one should i buy for my banshee the fox evo front and rear elka with linkage. i mostly ride on the dunes.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

rear linkage http://www.ebay.com/...=item5d309cefbb

or all elka ?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item20bd3a2e10

i am buying this week please some feedback

Like I said in your DUPLICATE post in the product reviews section, Id go with axis if you are spending that kind of money. I run LT axis shocks and love them.

i estimate it will cost me about $3500 to $4000 for the suspension aarms swing arms but i still dont know who has the best long travel +1 forward +2 sides front a-arm that works with Elka or Fox evo. also the rear i want it to be either +4-+6 swing arm that works with the Elka long travel rear shock and linkage

i am looking at there site but am lost i will give them a call

Any swing arm short of a no link that is made for the banshee will work with that linkage. On that note the linkage does next to nothing and is not worth the added expense.

I would give fireball racing a call for the +2+1 lt arms and stellar for the swinger.

Any swing arm short of a no link that is made for the banshee will work with that linkage. On that note the linkage does next to nothing and is not worth the added expense.

I would give fireball racing a call for the +2+1 lt arms and stellar for the swinger.

thanks i am ordering the swing arm from steler and the a arms i will check i need to finish this all by Saturday.

are you sure the Elka rear banshee linkage doesn't do anything ? please explain if you can

It's not that it doesn't do anything, it's that it doesn't do $600 worth of anything.

It looks pretty but it isn't going to provide any noticeable difference in your suspension quality or travel. Nothing someone, short of a pro with hundreds of hours on one set up then immediately switching over, would ever notice. Some may say "I noticed a difference" but that is just their sub-conscience justifying all the money they just spent. Not to mention many don't just upgrade the linkage but the shock and other things simultaneously, eliminating any real comparison between the stock linkage.

Long story short save that money to go toward something more functional that will provide a true, noticeable difference.beer.gif

It's not that it doesn't do anything, it's that it doesn't do $600 worth of anything.

It looks pretty but it isn't going to provide any noticeable difference in your suspension quality or travel. Nothing someone, short of a pro with hundreds of hours on one set up then immediately switching over, would ever notice. Some may say "I noticed a difference" but that is just their sub-conscience justifying all the money they just spent. Not to mention many don't just upgrade the linkage but the shock and other things simultaneously, eliminating any real comparison between the stock linkage.

Long story short save that money to go toward something more functional that will provide a true, noticeable difference.beer.gif

well said, so do you have any suggestions on what Up grads I should spend that money on :P

cheers mate :cheers:

Hard to say, I've seen several of your posts talking about a ton of upgrades and I have no idea what all you are already planning on doing or exactly what you're setting the bike up for.

He's my Fireball LT front end with 19.75" Axis triples on yfz spindles.

IMG_1539.jpg

Hard to say, I've seen several of your posts talking about a ton of upgrades and I have no idea what all you are already planning on doing or exactly what you're setting the bike up for.

He's my Fireball LT front end with 19.75" Axis triples on yfz spindles.

IMG_1539.jpg

thank you for the picture that is exactly what I am looking for in front a arms except that i want it done with fox x or evol.

the front a-arms look like Roll design are those long travel. i think they are because of the 19.7' travel but i want to be sure.

i will be posting pictures of my parts starting hopefully this weekend. i have started to buy the parts and this bike will be one bad ass dunner

I thank you all for your advice and patience :cheers:

this is what i bought today and i still have stuff to buy including the bike and motor clutch atc... :shootself:

Elka rear shock and Linkage - +4 swingarm 165, dunes, inter.

Streamline stabilizer - red carbon 1

Fox Evol front shock

Fireball A-arms long travel chrome +1 forward +2 side

Stellar Arched Ladder Swing Arms Chrome +4 long

LSR Axle Kit -

LSR front/rear hubs,

LSRaxle,

LSR sprocket hub,

LSR lock nut,

LSR brake hub

Streamline Billetaniu​m Hydraulic Clutch

Fluidyne Radiator

R2 pips chromed

Sand Stars 22-8-10 2

Sand Stars 20-11-10 2

Douglas front rims - black label 10x6

Douglas rear wheels - black label 10x9

2 Lectron 38mm with HV style. with adjustable main jet/ pj in the carb i have no idea what this is but a friend on BansheeHQ recommended it for me ;)

K&N 3.5 the long 16" with outerwear

THROTTLE CABLES

When you get the linkage, I would return it, unless an extra 3/4" of travel is worth $600 to you. Do a search. I did a VERY involved write up on the linkage about a year ago with measurements and comparisons.

On a dune bike, I'd return the Fox Floats, too. While they are good shocks, expect to be servicing them CONSTANTLY. I've seen people have to service their floats after every trip to the dunes. They are a good idea, but air springs are a terrible design, and there is a reason they are NEVER used on race vehicles. Think about this: You get an air leak (happens all the time) in the air spring, you're shit out of luck in the middle of the dunes. You're not riding that bike back... your frame will be sitting on the ground. On the flip side, you blow out a regular coilover shock, you've still got springs to support the weight of the bike. I've been building and tuning all different kinds of race vehicles for quite some time and have never ONCE seen an air shock in a competitive race application, with the exception of rock crawlers. There's a reason for that.

On that note, you cannot buy a better shock than an Axis. Elka is close, but the customer service, and lack of parts availability makes me steer away from them. Can't go wrong with the Stellar swinger, and the fireball arms. Hopefully you bought the right length shock for those a-arms, as they do not use stock length, and honestly use a weird length shock, from what I remember.

When you get the linkage, I would return it, unless an extra 3/4" of travel is worth $600 to you. Do a search. I did a VERY involved write up on the linkage about a year ago with measurements and comparisons.

On a dune bike, I'd return the Fox Floats, too. While they are good shocks, expect to be servicing them CONSTANTLY. I've seen people have to service their floats after every trip to the dunes. They are a good idea, but air springs are a terrible design, and there is a reason they are NEVER used on race vehicles. Think about this: You get an air leak (happens all the time) in the air spring, you're shit out of luck in the middle of the dunes. You're not riding that bike back... your frame will be sitting on the ground. On the flip side, you blow out a regular coilover shock, you've still got springs to support the weight of the bike. I've been building and tuning all different kinds of race vehicles for quite some time and have never ONCE seen an air shock in a competitive race application, with the exception of rock crawlers. There's a reason for that.

On that note, you cannot buy a better shock than an Axis. Elka is close, but the customer service, and lack of parts availability makes me steer away from them. Can't go wrong with the Stellar swinger, and the fireball arms. Hopefully you bought the right length shock for those a-arms, as they do not use stock length, and honestly use a weird length shock, from what I remember.

you make a strong argument and i have to submit to your logic and I will return the fox shocks before they ship them I hope. now i need some Axis front shocks and i need to call farball and tell them i changed my shocks :unsure: i went to Axis website and its so confusing

are the Axis reliable and how much maintenance do they need ? :unsure: