Powervalve Question

94Mike

no sense in comparing prices if you dont know what is included in the "kit". i would call andy at M&M and have him price out everything for the cheetah, then you would be comparing part for part. of course the cheetah will be a little more expensive because you are buying more parts, such as the power valve's, but it shouldn't be $1,100 more.

Serval

Cheetah

Scroll down till you hit the Cheetah Kit.

Seems like they come with the same thing,

Except the Cheetah Kit comes with the needed reeds, carb manifold, and the power valves.

Also **Special** could mean the Serval is on sale.

Reason im comparing is because im just trying to figure out price difference.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serval

Cheetah

Scroll down till you hit the Cheetah Kit.

Seems like they come with the same thing,

Except the Cheetah Kit comes with the needed reeds, carb manifold, and the power valves.

Also **Special** could mean the Serval is on sale.

Reason im comparing is because im just trying to figure out price difference.

not saying you shouldnt compare prices, just that you should compare prices from the same place. call andy, he can get everything you need for the cheetah. see what his price is for a "kit". and i know he wont sell you junk domes like trinity will with their "kit". but if you add the cost of reeds, intake and pv's, thats about another $600-$700. so that takes a chunk out of the price difference. you would have to buy all that except pv's with either kit, so...

it is hard to do but ask andy about pricing a 400 cheeta with PV's. you CAN get the cheeta without going through trinity... the cast head is actually cheaper.. and rember just the crank, cyl, pistons, and a head are NOT going to get you a motor built. also on the cheeta you will want to spec either gas supercub style dome or on the 400/ 68mm you would need to spec cub gas 22cc domes similar to what the cub uses NOT the off shelf trinity spec monsterdetomatic domes. ALSO the porting if done on a cheeta to in my mind be done right needs to be spec'd with the powervalves. it is done much differntly than just "normal" porting that i have seen on cubs. at least what i have done on the ones i have built.. a larger bore cylinder is much easier to make the larger blade PV's work 10 times better. try pricing a 485cc motor. 73mm bore/ 4 mill stroke i'd also highly recomend a cut modified stock transmission, billet basket, and HD clutch kit with springs. you will also need a differnt pipe ( cpi, SNIPER, SHEAR.) i'd recomend sniper for an excellent mid/top pipe OR the shear for a tractable topend overrev pipe. i personally feel those 2 pipe choices are superior to the CPI BUT some prefer the cpi for whatever reason.. you can get away with stock carbs and modified reeds BUT they like larger carbs. i'd suggest 34/36 or 36/36 or 36/38 HV lectrons... and finally i would recomend a 4 mill HOTRODS crank with american built TZ bearing fully welded.

you will also need seals ( god i hope you buy OEM) and all the other gaskets for the motor. and someone to assemble, mock , and custom build the motor. if tuned right and built this way, proper maintenance you would have an unbelieveable well running, and very reliable motor. unless some kind of unknowable total mechaincal melt down happend..

Thanks Cam, didn't see your post.

I know im going to need to mod the tranny to hold up to the motor.

Im going to be going with gas.

Ill see about the 421 and 485 pricing.

a larger bore cylinder is much easier to make the larger blade PV's work 10 times better. try pricing a 485cc motor. 73mm bore/ 4 mill stroke

Lol you guys are hinting me to go bigger, can't resist listening.

:cheers: