TORS removed by PO but carb tops to big?

so I have these stock Mikuni's 26VM synced by eye after cleaning and jetting this correctly to a point. But these look like TORS replacement tops but these don't thread on to my carburetor bodies. I think there for 28 mm not stock 26mm. Is anyone familiar with a kit that wasn't sized correctly? also is Tommey the best place to just buy the carburetor tops? I saw there like 10$ea

You might have some keihin caps on mikuni carbs. If you have a place you can get the correct caps for $10, why are you asking questions? Go order the right stuff....

well let's see i ask questions cuz its a forum, reason is TORS kit wrong cap and if it isnt sealing am i getting a false lean condition these are safety wired on but that isn't as good as a thread.

Edited by clintonior

Are the carb threads stripped and it's not tightening?

No. Thankfully the thread on the carburetor tops is perfect and isn't stripped the caps make no contact with them, like they were for a 28mm or something they are not Kehin they look exactly like Mikuni tops just to big for this stock set. I did see Toomey racing has them listed for 9.99ea I will have to see what other parts I need and order them.

Edited by clintonior

wow wee..

for some reason when i go to the bathroom i pee in my pants unless i take my weenie out then it all goes fine.. whats wrong? the local shop said they could install pants with a zipper for like 10 bucks

wow wee..

for some reason when i go to the bathroom i pee in my pants unless i take my weenie out then it all goes fine.. whats wrong? the local shop said they could install pants with a zipper for like 10 bucks

funny this reminds me of the movie Idiocracy..got the right carb tops now Flaturnin!

Edited by clintonior