i want to build a fast streetable banshee!

mikey7o2

first i want to say thanks for all the help with my last post!! i just bought a 97 banshee with a bad #2 cylinder the bottom end is fine and it has a hot rods stock crank and connecting rods. it also has a PTR cool head with 17cc domes, a set of PTR hi rev pipes, and a keihin twin carbs set up. what i need to no is can i ues any of the parts that made it threw the burnt #2 piston, or should i start from the begging? i dont want to go with the tt style motor but i do plan on lowering it and putting some street tires on it. any help on where i should start looking and what kind of motor i should look to build would be a great help !!!! thank you

first i want to say thanks for all the help with my last post!! i just bought a 97 banshee with a bad #2 cylinder the bottom end is fine and it has a hot rods stock crank and connecting rods. it also has a PTR cool head with 17cc domes, a set of PTR hi rev pipes, and a keihin twin carbs set up. what i need to no is can i ues any of the parts that made it threw the burnt #2 piston, or should i start from the begging? i dont want to go with the tt style motor but i do plan on lowering it and putting some street tires on it. any help on where i should start looking and what kind of motor i should look to build would be a great help !!!! thank you

id say send your cylinders off to get a full drag port, and some shearers or r2's with the cool head. idk just my .02 lol

421 cheetah cub ported powervalve motor.then run a tall gear for cruising without running high rpms,but still have a powerband that is useable and power to pull a tall gear.prob gonna have to change carbs too depending on what they are.

• 2 weeks later...

hey sorry its been so long i have been hella busy i tried to load my pics but it says the file is to large ! and ill sell what ever i cant use and what i mean buy streetable is i want to lower it and put street tires on it and use it mostly and a 1/4 mile track but also be able to go to a street track and be able to at least compete ! angin all the help is very welcome !

421 cheetah cub ported powervalve motor.then run a tall gear for cruising without running high rpms,but still have a powerband that is useable and power to pull a tall gear.prob gonna have to change carbs too depending on what they are.

it has a twin carb steup from paul turner im not sure how to tell what size they are