which swingarm skid plate is best

I'm sure he could. I'm looking to order one through my local shop along with some other stuff. They give me a decent discount. I dont want to have to either wait for UPS or get a nasty little surprise bill from them (brokerage fees to Canada). I need to know who else makes a tough swingarm skid?

I've got a PRM full length plate on mine for really rocky/stumpy woods riding and it's held up well. If I'm not mistaken I believe it's .180", maybe .125" I can't remember. If my disc and/or sprocket and chain had taken the beating that this skid plate has held up to I'd have been stranded on the trail many, many times. The only complaint I have with it is when the lower-link guard gets caught on things I mentioned above and I get hung up or somewhat "high-centered" sometimes because of it. I'm probably gonna end up modifying it or just removing that piece completely to remedy that issue. Other than that I have no complaints whatsoever and it's taken one heck of a beating. After riding with it there's no way you'd catch me on the trail without it.

depending where you ride none will hold up long, I bought the .25 thick one and it lasted 2 rides till I destroyed it :angry:

I made a steel one up welde the shit out of it put angle iron on it to stiffen it up probably weighs 10lbs atleast put more locating tabs on my swing arm and that lasted me 5 years of on off use, just ripped it off this last weekend hillclimbing banghead

depending where you ride none will hold up long, I bought the .25 thick one and it lasted 2 rides till I destroyed it :angry:

I made a steel one up welde the shit out of it put angle iron on it to stiffen it up probably weighs 10lbs atleast put more locating tabs on my swing arm and that lasted me 5 years of on off use, just ripped it off this last weekend hillclimbing banghead

Holy shit! I've had my Prm since I bought the bike in 07, got the belly and full swing arm one. Hit a bunch of big rocks hard and only scratched it. I try to avoid them tho, but sometimes blasting around a corner or a big ruted hill...you have no choice.