banshee lights

spalding

For the love of god....

HID's are NOT plug and play in a Banshee, or ANY two stroke, without a battery. No matter what that auction says. Those people are complete idiots.

In order to run HID's in a banshee, you need to do a DC conversion. There have been several write-ups on it. Google "Banshee DC Conversion". There is an excellent write up on it, where the guy installs two hella HID's, and I believe two trailtech HID's.

For the love of god....

HID's are NOT plug and play in a Banshee, or ANY two stroke, without a battery. No matter what that auction says. Those people are complete idiots.

In order to run HID's in a banshee, you need to do a DC conversion. There have been several write-ups on it. Google "Banshee DC Conversion". There is an excellent write up on it, where the guy installs two hella HID's, and I believe two trailtech HID's.

Says in the description, "We highly recommend models with a 12V battery. This kit may not work if your model does not have a battery. Some models may also require upgraded stators for optimial operation."

Little bit of reading goes a long way, obviously a battery is required.

For listed bikes/atv, this means you will have HID for your low beams. We highly recommend models with a 12V battery. This kit may not work if your model does not have a battery. Some models may also require upgraded stators for optimial operation.

Fact is, 90% of people won't read the entire fine print, and based on the fact that the OP was posting the question for information and advice, I felt that some basic information and advice was needed, rather than just a link. Those HID's WILL work, however they are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY over priced. They are re branded Xentec kits, which are widely available for roughly $35 for the same kit.

This is the same kit. $35.49 shipped. Xentec HID kit.

Now, to get back to the OP's question. No, there are no direct "drop in" replacement bulbs, other than the Tusk H6M, and the PIAA H6M bulbs. Tusk bulbs can be purchased for around $10, and the PIAA's are $35-$40 EACH. I ran the PIAA's, friends of mine ran the Tusks. There was no visible difference in light output, or light color between the two.

The best bang for your buck is to replace your stock bulbs with the 35 watt Tusk H6M bulbs. If you really want to do the HID conversion you will have an INCREDIBLE amount of light, versus halogen bulbs. Another viable option is to run LED lights, but you will get better/further light output from HID's. :cheers:

EDIT

The best bang for your buck is to replace your stock bulbs with the 35 watt Tusk H6M bulbs. If you really want to do the HID conversion you will have an INCREDIBLE amount of light, versus halogen bulbs. Another viable option is to run LED lights, but you will get better/further light output from HID's. :cheers:

X2 on the Tusk bulbs; easiest and cheapest way to get more light out of your Banshee

they were like 3watt max i think. they were ok. but i blew one bulb out. the ones i was able to get didn't have a lens cover to keep mud and water out.

i have like 4 sets, i need to test them all.

but i will say they dont offer a lot of light. they are more for looks.

Thanks zilla, guess ill stick with standerd bulbs in my trailtechs.

Fact is, 90% of people won't read the entire fine print, and based on the fact that the OP was posting the question for information and advice, I felt that some basic information and advice was needed, rather than just a link. Those HID's WILL work, however they are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY over priced. They are re branded Xentec kits, which are widely available for roughly $35 for the same kit.

This is the same kit. $35.49 shipped. Xentec HID kit.

Now, to get back to the OP's question. No, there are no direct "drop in" replacement bulbs, other than the Tusk H6M, and the PIAA H6M bulbs. Tusk bulbs can be purchased for around $10, and the PIAA's are $35-$40 EACH. I ran the PIAA's, friends of mine ran the Tusks. There was no visible difference in light output, or light color between the two.

good to know about the tusk bulbs, i think i'll do that!