Question on Motor

jrod

Been awhile since i have been in the Banshee game. Been building cars last few years. I found a bike local on CL that i am picking up tonight.

this is from his ad.

Ran great was really fast until i was too good of a friend and let a buddy ride it sucked water in and bent one of the rods. I pulled the top end off and it is fine all it will need is a new crank dropped in and new gaskets. I have a new clutch and the gaskets for that. it has 38mm carbs k&n air filters, CPI full exhaust , plus 3 swing arm , cool head,nerf bars, good tires , good plastic. All it needs is a crank and it will be ready to ride

If it truly only does need a crank, would the hot rods crank be worth the money? I am looking to have a 70whp bike or some where near that. And how hard is it to replace the crank? i have re built the upper half, but never got into the lower half.

Depends on the motor if its stock cyls or not or if its a cub. Either way its going to need a bore/hone new pistons and a crank at the minimum. How much is he asking and post up the add so we can take a better look.

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/rvs/2601157539.html

he swears it just needs a crank.

If you want 70whp, I'd sell whatever you can off it and call Andy at M&M ATV and buy a 4mil Serval motor package.

They are good for 80whp on pump gas with as cast ports.

70whp is going to require high comp., heavy porting and race gas with a stock stroke motor.