Timing for race gas vs pump gas

Paulie B

Your mainly going to want to up your compression. I've heard 170ish psi or so to run race gas, otherwise it can hurt performance.

I would love to but I only want to run 110 for the trip I'm going on. Wildcard will be there haha

I heard you can do both- raise the compression and the timing.

I would love to but I only want to run 110 for the trip I'm going on. Wildcard will be there haha

I heard you can do both- raise the compression and the timing.

If you don't have the compression ratio requiring the use of higher octane fuel you will not have any performance benifit from it. The only reason we run a higher octane fuel it to prevent detonation from having a higher compression ratio. This is a common misconception with higher octane fuels. You gain the performance from the increased compression. In order for the higher compression to be useful it also requires the use of a higher octane fuel to prevent damage to the engine. Hope this makes sense.

Your timing will depend on your current set up and will probably fall somewhere between +3-+7 depending on porting and current compression, etc.

SP