Hey guys question about a possible purchase

Hey guys new to the forum and was looking for a little insite on a purchase that i might be making this friday, any help would be appreciated. I am looking to buy a 98 banshee off a guy i found on craigslist it seems like a good deal but would like some help. I came from riding 450's for the last 5 years and recently (8 months ago) got rid of my ltr450, The type of riding that i do mostly is trail and woods hill climbing. I have a couple pictures but the forum isnt letting me post them, if someone wants me to email them i can do that and they can post them for me. My email is THORrider350@aol.com This is the info i have on the bike tho..A

1998 with title for $1600.00

wiseco piston kit (15 hours on motor)

fmf boost bottle

fmf fatty pipes and silencers (headers are black, no dents)

new trail tech fat bars

new tag bar risers

brand new tires and wheels (takeoffs from his 2011 yfz450x) 0 rides

new brake pads all around

ac racing front bumper

ac racing wide grab bar

new brake and clutch levers

maier race cut red fender set

dg nerf bars with red nets

new clutch, basket, and inner hub

front end 3" wider total (1.75 each side)

rear end left stock width

new rockstar shock covers in package

twist throttle

k&n filter, outerwears precharger, pro flow intake

boyesen reeds and modquad spacers

Thanks again for any and all the help..

Edited by THORrider350

Set it up on something so you can check the front suspension for any thing loose. Then do the same for rear swingarm and axle. If you find anything use it to beat up on price. Take a comp gauge to check engine. You didn't mention about front shocks with the extended arms? Be sure the frame isn't bent/twisted. Ride it , trans and brakes work properly? :cheers:

Set it up on something so you can check the front suspension for any thing loose. Then do the same for rear swingarm and axle. If you find anything use it to beat up on price. Take a comp gauge to check engine. You didn't mention about front shocks with the extended arms? Be sure the frame isn't bent/twisted. Ride it , trans and brakes work properly? :cheers:

i am not sure if the 3 inch wider means spacers or if they are aftermarket a arms. i will have to ask and get back with the info

i am not sure if the 3 inch wider means spacers or if they are aftermarket a arms. i will have to ask and get back with the info

Looks like a pretty clean bike. I don't have speakers on my computer so I couldn't hear it run.

Yes, see what the deal is on that front end....

I had a 2005 YFZ450 that was fairly built (few thousand into the motor). I sold it and bought a banshee a few years ago, and I don't regret it at all. For the dune riding I do, and the way I've set this banshee up it could kill my 450 and is way funner to ride. And way easier to work on IMO.

Looks like a pretty clean bike. I don't have speakers on my computer so I couldn't hear it run.

Yes, see what the deal is on that front end....

I had a 2005 YFZ450 that was fairly built (few thousand into the motor). I sold it and bought a banshee a few years ago, and I don't regret it at all. For the dune riding I do, and the way I've set this banshee up it could kill my 450 and is way funner to ride. And way easier to work on IMO.

Do you think a banshee is going to be a good woods climber ? Im not gonna lie i was torn between a trx250r and this banshee but the banshee is about a grand cheaper and looks way cleaner... I am pretty tired of 4 strokes and want to change it up a bit..

14/40 is stock. It will depend on conditions and power delivery. If you get it, it won't take much to decide if it's good or either needs geared up or down.

BTW, Welcome to BHQ !! :dance::cheers:

Also looks good, sounds normal, price seems reasonable.

haha thanks man, i appreciate it. I am going to look at it friday and will hopefully be bringing it home with me.