Detonation?

Sands

If you ordered your parts from a US Shop, and told them to set you up for 98 Octane, they set you up for a US based Octane of 98. If this is what happened, it is 100% the reason you have the bad damage to your pistons. You will need to rebuild, and when you rebuild the engiine, if you use parts from a US shop, tell them 92 Octane (unless you are wealthy and just like rebuilding engines).

I agree with this ^^^^^.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

holy...shit. That is some SERIOUSLY good carnage. i think you take the cake for the scariest looking pistons this week. I doubt that much destruction was caused by deto......its looks like something may have done the "cha cha-im gonna bang your shit to hell" dance all over your pistons. You really need to split your cases and check out all your bearings and your rods.....check everything cause it sure looks like you're gonna have a mess inside your cases.

Yea. i was ripping through some tight shit in the dunes with my buddies, all of the sudden while i was in the power, it acted as if it was having a super rich condition by bogging down. my first mistake was that i pullled the clutch in twisted the throttle to get the revs up and dumped the clutch (3rd gear probably) it tried to get back on the pipe and then shut down. smashed the plug on one cyl. what happend was the lower end rod bearings let loose and made there way up to the dance floor and did the waltz all over my shit. I dont know exactly what caused it.