first things to check after purchasing banshee?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry mike94 i must have misunderstood your post,

Np, i was just suprised lol i didnt think i was meaning that since the pipes were black they were stock (including any aftermarket pipes that are black)

anybody know where to look to see if they are vin numbers or logos or anything on rocket pipes?

also is there any specific kind of coolant i should use? or specific crank case oil?

Post some decent quality, up close pics of the exhaust here, there are lots of people here that will properly ID the manufacturer. Also take pics of the cylinder head up closer, and the carbs, I suspect that this banshee may have more than just pipes and filters? You may want to think about checking the compression on the bike before running too much pump gas thru it as well, at least stick with premium pump gas. You need to figure out what this bike actually has.

Welcome to the site.

First off, you do not put any oil into the crankcase. The reason you blend a lubricant with your fuel is to lubricate your rotating assembly's bearings and seals which are found in the crankcase.

I would change the transmission fluid and coolant right away.

Go over all suspension, steering, and brake components. Grease all that can be greased and check every bearing, bushing, joint, and pivot point for tightness and wear.

verify the compression of each cylinder.

perform a plug chop to ensure proper jetting... address the jetting if it is incorrect.

Pull all electrical connections and dab with dielectric grease.

Buy a clymer's repair manual and perform a complete tune-up.

Also, you have R2 pipes. They are nice pipes (what I run). Tom Borrink does not stamp any logos or identification onto the pipes. As for jetting they seem to like a leaner pilot jet compared to other top end pipes.

I will put up some pics when I get home from work. Also when I said crankcase oil I ment the gear oil or transmission oil. What ever u want to call it.

Awesome so u can tell they are the r2 pipes? Sick, well then I got a good deal for 2000. Tomorrow I will pick up some coolant oil and premix oil as everything is closed today. Thanks guys!

Welcome to the site.

First off, you do not put any oil into the crankcase. The reason you blend a lubricant with your fuel is to lubricate your rotating assembly's bearings and seals which are found in the crankcase.

I would change the transmission fluid and coolant right away.

Go over all suspension, steering, and brake components. Grease all that can be greased and check every bearing, bushing, joint, and pivot point for tightness and wear.

verify the compression of each cylinder.

perform a plug chop to ensure proper jetting... address the jetting if it is incorrect.

Pull all electrical connections and dab with dielectric grease.

Buy a clymer's repair manual and perform a complete tune-up.

Also, you have R2 pipes. They are nice pipes (what I run). Tom Borrink does not stamp any logos or identification onto the pipes. As for jetting they seem to like a leaner pilot jet compared to other top end pipes.

:cheers:

What he said!

Based on your pics, your cylinder head is stock. Looks like the bike could use some TLC and cleaning up, and all the things that gotta go fast listed. Other than some luv, it needs you to ride and enjoy it!

:cheers:

What he said!

Based on your pics, your cylinder head is stock. Looks like the bike could use some TLC and cleaning up, and all the things that gotta go fast listed. Other than some luv, it needs you to ride and enjoy it!

ya i have been super busy with work and school. i have thursay friday off so im cleaning it up then.

awesome thanks guys :cheers:

so i got 'er cleaned up yesterday and my buddy came over with his banshee today and we went rippin. i love these pipes. so much louder then the fmfs on my buddys.

stupid government people shut us down cause we "were riding on private property" haters!

haha u will have that happen some times and i knew they were rockets :notworthy: