Drag banshee bogging bad

Rotax Raptor

Ok Geniuses I need help. You know the theory about guys not wanting to ask for directions, Hell with that, I'm stumped.

Here's the specs. 64mm stroke, 68mm bore, Nate McCoy topend, 41.3 lectrons with pe-1s on alcohol, metering rods at 48, single power jets 6 turns out, stock ignition with +12 timing (that's what Nate said), b9es plugs gaped at 18, squish is what Nate said it should be.

This thing revs great in neutral like when you're cleaning it out, but put it in gear and take off, it bogs before you can even shift it. Stop and clean it back out, same thing. Plugs are not lean at all, maybe a little fat. Cylinder temps are around 108 both sides.

Things I've tried. Leak down test, good, 2 other sets of carbs, 40s and 39s, fuel pump and gravity, timing from 7 through 12, all new electronics and wiring, ground checks, different types of plugs and gap, new reeds, checked head o rings and who knows what else.

I'm at a loss and I thought I was pretty good with these things. Figure this out and I'll be buying a bunch beers for you at hq ride in waynoka.

Ok Geniuses I need help. You know the theory about guys not wanting to ask for directions, Hell with that, I'm stumped.

Here's the specs. 64mm stroke, 68mm bore, Nate McCoy topend, 41.3 lectrons with pe-1s on alcohol, metering rods at 48, single power jets 6 turns out, stock ignition with +12 timing (that's what Nate said), b9es plugs gaped at 18, squish is what Nate said it should be.

This thing revs great in neutral like when you're cleaning it out, but put it in gear and take off, it bogs before you can even shift it. Stop and clean it back out, same thing. Plugs are not lean at all, maybe a little fat. Cylinder temps are around 108 both sides.

Things I've tried. Leak down test, good, 2 other sets of carbs, 40s and 39s, fuel pump and gravity, timing from 7 through 12, all new electronics and wiring, ground checks, different types of plugs and gap, new reeds, checked head o rings and who knows what else.

I'm at a loss and I thought I was pretty good with these things. Figure this out and I'll be buying a bunch beers for you at hq ride in waynoka.

my 421 did the same, i had to much paddle! solved my problem! i think your either gearred to high or you have to much paddle! just my 2cents!

Sounds to rich to me, if u can clean it out and its fine.

id say same thing as everyone else my bike was doing that and ended up being gearing with the tires i had.

But i know its not that if it's doing it in the grass.

Sounds to rich to me, if u can clean it out and its fine.

id say same thing as everyone else my bike was doing that and ended up being gearing with the tires i had.

But i know its not that if it's doing it in the grass.

My guess would be it's to rich and loading up causing it to bog

If your idle speed is very stable on the PE-1's the jetting is close enough to launch. UNLESS your over-geared and/or over paddled. What primary's and sprockets are you running? How much do you weigh? The only other thing that comes to mind is a fractured woodruff key, or winding resistance in your stator...that will throw the timing off bigtime....Jim

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is electrical. CHeck the pickup gap on the stator. If that's not it, start swapping out electrical stuff. Cub jetting is very forgiving, it would have to be waaaaayyyyyy off to not launch in grass without bogging.

same thing was happening to me but it would slighlty miss fire ichecked the stator and it was the gapping between the reader and the fly wheel i put mine at 17 000 of an inch people recomend between 15 n 20 .. pilot might be good in the jetting but the mains could be too fat or too much paddle go higher gear just my .02 cents good luck!!!

same thing was happening to me but it would slighlty miss fire ichecked the stator and it was the gapping between the reader and the fly wheel i put mine at 17 000 of an inch people recomend between 15 n 20 .. pilot might be good in the jetting but the mains could be too fat or too much paddle go higher gear just my .02 cents good luck!!!

He's using lectrons.. they dont use mains or pilots.

Thanks for all of the replies and help. I narrowed down to a fuel delivery issue. My power jets weren't supplying enough fuel for Tue motor on the tall end. I still need to do some more tuning because its still a little lean on the tall end. Going to either add another pj or drill the singles out to 96 thousandth.

A bunch of timing and not enough fuel doesn't work well. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...