Back again but for another reason

SCEADU

It's been a while since I was on here. I have moved in another direction in Off-Road. I am currently building UTV Ralley cars and small pit cruisers which brings me back to this site. I found an old tie rod from my Banshee and it was just about perfect for my pit cruiser. I figured to make it easy I would just use the steering stem from a Banshee as well. If it is too long I will just cut it down to the size I need. SO with all of that being said I am in need of :

Banshee steering stem (Stock) Can anyone tell me what a stock stem dimesions are? (Length and diameter)

Tie Rods and ends (Stock)

Upper stem mount (stock)

An old spindle just so I can see if the Shee ones would work.

Iposted in the F/S sction as well but I really need to get these item soon

I need to get these by mid week so time is essential.

Here are some pictures of the build.

P8250302.jpg

P8250301.jpg

P8250300.jpg

Looks good but where the fuck do you sit? For little kids?

LOL...Due to the economy we had to make cut backs!!!! You sit on top of the roll cage. The steering stem will come out of the front between the "A' arms. it will have a set of nerfs on it for your feet.

Kind of like this one

post-27888-1281486122_thumb.jpg

Edited by SCEADU

YUP!!!! right there on top!! It is for cruising the pits at the UTV races. Imagine this if you will, A 250 pound Bubba wearing bib overalls and drunk off his ass, looks to his buddy and says:

"Here, hold My Beer.....HEY YA'LL WATCH THIS!!!

It is at this point the entertainment begins.

I will be selling these once the prototype is done. All of the proceedes go to a good cause. MY RACING FUND !!!

ST4Rendering07.jpg

What do you think you will be selling them for?

Any ballpark yet?

As with any thing new there was a good bit of "engineering" involved in the proto. You know cussing ,thorwing tools, talking to yourself and then aswering and there was even an agument some where when I fired myself . I also got taken by a couple of Kart shops since I did not have time to do research on kart parts. I have about $1800 in parts on the proto but I found some new suppliers and I hope to get that # down. A guy up the street that has a fab shop turned my onto an internet supplier where I will be able to get my hiems and bungs for about %75 of what I was paying for them and they are the stronger ones. I hope to be able to have a complete machine for anywhere from $1800 with simulated shocks and $2400 with front and rear shocks. I am also planning on building a T3( Tiny Trophy Truck) with either a kawasaki 250 or 450. I might even do one with a shee engine if I can figure out how to make it with electric start.

Trophy Karts have been around for a about 7 or 8 years. There are several professional race classes for them. You can actually purchase trophy karts ready to run for about $4,000 on CL around here. I've driven a couple, and these machines from TrophyKart ride like Cadillacs. They use full billet a-arms, and spindles, full floater 4 link setup with a sway bar in the rear. Electric start, and are available with either a 200cc, or a 450cc water cooled, electric start motor with a 5speed sequential tranny, disk brakes, with full rack and pinion steering... Last time I looked they had like 15" of front travel, and 16" in the rear, with full 2.0 king dual rate race-series offroad shocks. I believe they sold new when they first came out for only about $5,500. Incredible machines. I recommend everyone check them out. Maybe a Trophy Kart race next year for LS??

Here's their site.

www.trophykart.com Nestor Berardi is the owner, and he's a super cool guy. I've done a ton of business with him at the other company I worked for a while back. We used to actually sell these.

Here's one on our local CL for $4200...

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/rvs/2554398451.html

Trophy Karts have been around for a about 7 or 8 years. There are several professional race classes for them. You can actually purchase trophy karts ready to run for about $4,000 on CL around here. I've driven a couple, and these machines from TrophyKart ride like Cadillacs. They use full billet a-arms, and spindles, full floater 4 link setup with a sway bar in the rear. Electric start, and are available with either a 200cc, or a 450cc water cooled, electric start motor with a 5speed sequential tranny, disk brakes, with full rack and pinion steering... Last time I looked they had like 15" of front travel, and 16" in the rear, with full 2.0 king dual rate race-series offroad shocks. I believe they sold new when they first came out for only about $5,500. Incredible machines. I recommend everyone check them out. Maybe a Trophy Kart race next year for LS??

Here's their site.

www.trophykart.com Nestor Berardi is the owner, and he's a super cool guy. I've done a ton of business with him at the other company I worked for a while back. We used to actually sell these.

Here's one on our local CL for $4200...

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/rvs/2554398451.html

Those little guys are great. Durhamtown is planning on haveing one for test rides over labor day. I will deffinately be in line for the test drive. The T3 is actually a little more advanced than those are. T3's have independant rear suspension and a FNR Gearbox. The price tag on a fully equipt one is around $20K.

Here is one of the ones I am looking at

http://www.tinytrophytrucks.com/Home_Page.html

Those little guys are great. Durhamtown is planning on haveing one for test rides over labor day. I will deffinately be in line for the test drive. The T3 is actually a little more advanced than those are. T3's have independant rear suspension and a FNR Gearbox. The price tag on a fully equipt one is around $20K.

Here is one of the ones I am looking at

http://www.tinytrophytrucks.com/Home_Page.html

:whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: I almost just spit out my dinner...

For 20k, it seems like you get a lot LESS than the TrophyKart. Bushings where there should be heims, tubular/boxed arms, instead of billet, no front brakes, a-arm rear suspension. They're definitely much cooler looking than trophykarts, for sure.

I just couldn't fathom spending 20k on something like that. Maybe that would fly in 2002-2006, but in todays economy, from my professional experience, I couldn't see selling those ready to run for more than 10k. I think the builder is kind of dreaming a little bit here. 12-13k for a roller?

A-arm rear suspension was a poor decision on the manufacturers choice. I know it's MUCH simpler to design, and manufacture, but a trailing arm setup handles INCREDIBLE compared to an a-arm setup. Especially at higher speeds. There's a reason all the SXS MFR's are switching over to trailing arm. The reason TrophyKart ran a solid rear axle, instead of independent, is because there is not a SINGLE race organization that will allow them to run without a solid rear axle.

EBK (Extreme Baja Kart) has been around for a few years, and they are not allowed to race with the trophykarts, because they do not have a solid rear axle. TK has set the standard. I think it's a bit of a stretch to call the t3 a "tiny trophy truck". It's suspension and driveline is nothing like a trophy truck.

That FNR gearbox in the pictures, looks like the same one that all the home-fab mini buggy builders are using. I forgot who makes them, but they can be had for roughly $1,500. Frankly, though, those karts are so light, that you'd never use reverse. Some TrophyKart's have reverse as well. In fact, now that I think about it, I think ALL of them have reverse, for roughly a quarter of the cost. Parts are readily available for them, and there's a pretty good sized aftermarket too. They race in the CORR Lucas Oil Series. They run on the same track that the CORR pro-2's, and pro-lite's run.

Oh, did I mention I've been around this stuff forever? lol...

Anyone else think this shit is gay as fuck? :shrugani:

Wow Loco...I guess you haven't changed in the last couple of years that I have been gone. Just as congenial as always.

The T3 does have front brakes. They are tucked way up in there. I agree that the Trailing arm setup is good for the West coast raceing however, The rzr 800 s is out handleing the 900 s in the series that I follow on the east side. the 900 doesn't seem to corner as well on our short courses. In the wide open the 900 walks away from the 800 but in the woods the extra HP and trailing arms don't fair as well. The turning radius on the 9 is a bit wider than the 8 as well.

Edited by SCEADU