Banshee backfiring need help ASAP

1sick6

Hey everyone,

I recently rebuild a stock bore banshee I got it running and it seems to backfire out on the pipes after a big rev the back off then hit the gas again or if you ride it after about 1/2 throttle it's constantly back firing.

I changed the magneto, timing key stater plate back to stock, re jetted the carbys 30piolt 290 mains it's got FMF pipes and a foam filter no lid.

So yesterday I pulled the engine out and put another motor in straight out of my brothers complete running perfectly Shee. I also transferee the carbys cables ,complete wiring loom, coil, cdi and switches and even the pipes off his bike. Kicked it over and it's back firing on this engine now???

I have run out of ideas any help would be great. Thank you

what about the fuel? is there a chance the gas is gone bad or maybe have some water in the tank? what about the vent line or gascap? maybe one is cloged up. then the grounds have you made sure they are making a good contact? there is one at coil and by voltage regulator.

Cheers for that. I just swapped the tank and fuel tap over from my brothers shee and checked it flows well. Also took the earth off at the voltage regulator cleaned it and put it back on. I didn't notice any earth lead near the coil so I made a new 1.

The bike stil has the same ptoblem back firing

This bike is doing my head in. Any more ideas???

I haven repacked the silencers I'll check them out. I did put the air box lid back and it seemed to stop alot of the backfiring in-between revs. Still not perfect at the top end of things, but it's got 290mains and 30pilot jets and the needle has been lifter 1 clip from stock. Maybe I'll try with 310 mains and check the silencers