How many people like the shearers in frame over the cpi pipes

dannie

No question in my mind the Shearers are a much better pipe. I have them on my bike and have no fitment issue at all. I think they have a much better power range than the CPI'S do and they also sit further forward so you dont burn your leg on them and plug access is easy.

No question in my mind the Shearers are a much better pipe. I have them on my bike and have no fitment issue at all. I think they have a much better power range than the CPI'S do and they also sit further forward so you dont burn your leg on them and plug access is easy.

X2......I had both & they both are a very good pipes, but Shearers seems to pull a little harder mid to top...Just my penny

Each pipe has their place.. Some builds like the cpi's some like the shearers.. But.. the shearers seem to favor more setups over the CPI's.. I currently use CPI's on my 350 but I think the motor would have better useable power with the shearer over the CPI due to more over rev. The fitment issue is the pipe needing to be shimmed out at the mount.. if you dont. you'll bounce the pipe off the head. VERY common problem. All i've ever used is shearers until this set of CPI's.

I've ran both and we had CPI's even before shearers were out. They are both good pipes but the CPI's will favor a rookie rider who doesnt shift exactly right, the shearers will run better and if shifted right they wil out run the CPIs by a bike or two on most setups. With CPI's you'll burn your hand every time trying to do plug chops etc. They block plug access and will burn your legs more. If you have long legs or are over 6' tall get shearers for sure. I have seen one or two bikes that liked CPIs but they are rare. I think both sound and look great.

Each pipe has their place.. Some builds like the cpi's some like the shearers.. But.. the shearers seem to favor more setups over the CPI's.. I currently use CPI's on my 350 but I think the motor would have better useable power with the shearer over the CPI due to more over rev. The fitment issue is the pipe needing to be shimmed out at the mount.. if you dont. you'll bounce the pipe off the head. VERY common problem. All i've ever used is shearers until this set of CPI's.

The old Shearer pipes had a problem with the left pipe hitting the head. The new pipes do not have this issue because Mat addressed this issue on the inframe pipes.

i think they would add a good amount of low end hit. i dont have a set to try out on a larger port motor like the shear seems to prefer..

i DO have a set of shear inframes and some CPI inframes. every pipe has its quirks..