Temporarily Shutting Down

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so no incredible developments, they just pulled my catheter out about 30 minutes ago. Worst pain I've ever felt in my life. Apparently with it being in there for 4 days, my body started to "absorb" it, and grow around it. It was fucking terrible. Anyways, here's a few pics. Hopefully no one has a weak stomach.

Right before going into surgery...

d0ae99f2.jpg

This is right after I got out... The surgery was about 5 hours, and I spent 3 hours in recovery. They couldn't get me to wake up.

IMG_2768.jpg

Finally woke up 3 hours later...

IMG_2770.jpg

And the aftermath...

photo-147.jpg

The bag on the right is obviously my ileostomy bag. I will have this for 12 weeks to catch all my poo. The incision above and to the left is where all the goods came out of. Far left, covered in tape is the surgical drain... It fills up a little globe with about 100cc's of blood and "other" liquids about once an hour. The other incision, on the bottom in the center was for the laproscopic camera.

All in all the pain sometimes is unbearable. I'm on a Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) PCA. Basically I just push the button when I want more. It's stronger than morphine, but doesn't last as long. Once it hits my bloodstream, I pretty much pass out. It's kinda nice.

So far the plan now is, I'll most likely be here until Monday or Tuesday at the earliest if all goes well.

Alright, so no incredible developments, they just pulled my catheter out about 30 minutes ago. Worst pain I've ever felt in my life. Apparently with it being in there for 4 days, my body started to "absorb" it, and grow around it. It was fucking terrible. Anyways, here's a few pics. Hopefully no one has a weak stomach.

Right before going into surgery...

d0ae99f2.jpg

This is right after I got out... The surgery was about 5 hours, and I spent 3 hours in recovery. They couldn't get me to wake up.

IMG_2768.jpg

Finally woke up 3 hours later...

IMG_2770.jpg

And the aftermath...

photo-147.jpg

The bag on the right is obviously my ileostomy bag. I will have this for 12 weeks to catch all my poo. The incision above and to the left is where all the goods came out of. Far left, covered in tape is the surgical drain... It fills up a little globe with about 100cc's of blood and "other" liquids about once an hour. The other incision, on the bottom in the center was for the laproscopic camera.

All in all the pain sometimes is unbearable. I'm on a Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) PCA. Basically I just push the button when I want more. It's stronger than morphine, but doesn't last as long. Once it hits my bloodstream, I pretty much pass out. It's kinda nice.

So far the plan now is, I'll most likely be here until Monday or Tuesday at the earliest if all goes well.

You haven't lived until you fart and it comes out your side. I had a colostomy when I was 35 years old (diverticuli ruptured) and it wasn't much fun. Tip: take a pin or needle and poke a few holes around the top of your bag else it will pop off when you pass gas. I had the colostomy for about three months before they did my resection. It took me about six months to start getting my strength back.

God bless you and heal you.

Wheat