392cc athena big bore kit

kc3010

i'm rebuilding my banshee's motor with a athena 392cc big bore kit and was wondering if anyone has experience with this kit if they do what pipes and carbs (jetting for carbs as well) works best also i was planning on doing mild porting on the cylinder's as well any input would be appriciated

Edited by kc3010

Wsm that sells these cylinders is a half hour from me, i have ported a few sets of these the casting is rough at best,I liked a 33mm pwk as a good all around carb along with whatever pipes/porting with your riding style,if your dragging go more aggressive across the board,I built motors with these cylinders because they were dropped off at my door but IMO there is no benefit over an oem cylinder.A properly ported and matched combo in the rite hands will run hard in either scenario it really a waste to buy them and not check out cp industries products

• 3 weeks later...

Wsm that sells these cylinders is a half hour from me, i have ported a few sets of these the casting is rough at best,I liked a 33mm pwk as a good all around carb along with whatever pipes/porting with your riding style,if your dragging go more aggressive across the board,I built motors with these cylinders because they were dropped off at my door but IMO there is no benefit over an oem cylinder.A properly ported and matched combo in the rite hands will run hard in either scenario it really a waste to buy them and not check out cp industries products

I went with the athena kit because the stock cylinders on my motor were completely trashed. I primarily ride woods/trails so I want to run the stock air box. I was also considering one of the Boss intakes that has the built in crossover tube would the 33's be to big and make the motor all top end and can I even get the carb boots to fit that size carb to run the stock air box.

So far here what I already have in the motor:

- Athena 68mm 392cc big bore kit

- V-Force 3 reeds

- going to buy FMF Fatty pipes w/ Powercore II silencers