Quick Stroker Question

jlsparky7

I decided to get a 4mm stroker kit and I was wondering if you need a cylinder gasket both above and below the spacer plate? I know it needs to be sealed but do you use case sealer or rtv or two gaskets or what? Thanks!

from a stock stroke ported cylinder to a 4mil ported cyl your looking at a 5hp increase THROUGH OUT the whole rpm range... (words are from HJR on that part

im assuming this is on avg too...

thats ofcourse comparing his stock stroke porting to his 4mil porting... but a 5hp increase through out the whole range is a massive gain....

though yes if your comparing a stock cyl with a 4mil with a spacer palte to a 4 mil ported cyl it would be an easy over 10hp gain...

X2....rrl is correct according to what kevin told me also. I am willing to bet my shee on that, if you race a stock stroke ported shee against a 4mil/stock ported w/ spacer plate that the stock stroke ported shee wins everytime. Reason is because 4mil/stock cylinder port timing is off.....Just my penny.

Edited by 252wheelieking

you may beat me in a straight line drag racing, But i bet you can't keep up in the whoops or the woods.Plus i never said it was the best, I'm just saying it works. i really didn't want to stroke it but when i went to order a crank all they had in stock was +4 and up.And yes if i had the 115 rods i'm sure it would not run as well but i have the 110 rods, with that being said i don't care how fast your stroked ported banshee is, because if you want to talk about going fast thats what my 05 gsxr1000 is for.i was just saying their not as bad as everybody thinks they are.In fact i think you were at the badland trip that i'm talking about (the first one we went on this yr) and if i recall you couldn't keep up with me in the whoops or woods. If you so badass i'll be their (badlands)this sat come on up.

Edited by bansheesrtoys

this thread is AWESOME!!

better take some vids or it didnt happen!.

and yes its best to use 2 gaskets and then you should take a squish clearance check. the port timings on a spacer'd plated shee puts the transfers up really high and makes the exhaust pretty high as well with NO porting they work ok the proper setup with dome cuts work better in the long run..

now a 110 rod and 115 rod would make a diff in what to use also..

look i didn't get offerend or turn this into a pissing match. i was just saying that spacer plates are not junk like everbody claims and answer the guys ? that was asked. just because you have a fast bike means really nothing if you CAN'T ride wourth of shit anyways. and here i'll end it ,zilla your bike is faster than mine JUST NOT with you riding it.everybody happy now.

lol, does nobody pull the 22 out of the holster to dual nowadays? anywho, yes, get it ported for the extra stroke, ify0pou are going to stroke. in all honesty, you could spend well over 400 to get into a 4mill and gain some torque across the board, or spend even less, and a site sponsor can get you way more power. on the ohte hand, i can toally relate to bugeting. a proper 4mill upgrade is about 12-1300 to start, so spending $20-$30 , and sometimes less more for the kit that includ3es tha spacer can get you to your goal in satges, because lets face it- if you got the bug, that saving up is going to reach pocket-burning point a coule times before reaching enough for a grweat deal of people. so, no, i do not condone ghetto spacer plate setups as a 4mill, more like a scab-job joke, if you call it a runner, but a work in progress, yah, i feel that. to be completely honest, while you are taking that 4mill leap to mid-point, the chioce of recest chmber setup vs. spacer plate comes down to 2 things- first, where the power is more important. either way, it is going to be peaky on stock cylinders, however, the recesed domes are going to give you a peaky mid-to mid top, and a plate is going to give you a light-switch (more like 12ga shot-gun) top-end burst in power. the 2nd thing- is reliability, since, yes- one gasket on each side of the spacer, you wil have 2x the potential for air leak and cylinder movement. just a small reliability thing, but i always say piece of mind makes a much better ride

Don't skimp. You'll spend more time on the side of the track than in the front of the pack. If you do not have the cash now, run what you have and put some more money in the bank. Have the cylinders ported so that the port profile matches the extra stroke. A 115 rod provides a better rod angle and in turn results in less stress on the piston skirts.

I am not labeling you personally, but generally when someone "half-asses" one aspect, you can expect the rest of their machine to resemble that attitude. Honestly, and these are the type of guys who have problems every weekend and then the banshee in general gets labeled as un-reliable and piece of shit and so on.

I strongly suggest you have your cylinders ported for the crank and never let the spacer plate near your motor. What other supporting engine mods do you currently have? There may be more gains elsewhere depending on the other parts.

If mx and gncc style riding is your style, you'll want a wide powerband (you'll narrow the powerband by just dropping in a 4mil crank to stock port cylinders) There are plenty of site sponsors here that can make for a super wide two stroke powerband. If thats not enough, step up to a 421 serval! If you're interested in that route pm me and I'll go into more detail about parts, cost, and results.