St. Helen, MI 3rd Annual ATV Jamboree

Hooptiee

This Coming weekend August 12th - 14th is the ST. Helen annual ATV jamboree, they have a ATV mud bog, ATV pulll, and new for this year is a ATV Sand drag, it's a 300ft drag which is timed. here is the link for the activities http://www.sainthele...V-Jamboree.html

any pics of the surface of the track for the sand drags? Just wondering if its a paddle track or knobbie track. is the drags heads up or bracket?

address? so I can get directions?

031800x600.jpg

The dark stuff is what they dug out under the sand they just brought in I was told the base is at least 2' of sand, It is 300ft and will be a single machine run that is timed this pic was taken after it rained, most of the trails in st helen are deep sand if that will help this is the 1st sand drag I have entered and is new to the ATV jamboree this year.

The event will be held at the Richfield Township Park(campground)Located in Roscommon County, From I-75 exit at mile marker 222 - Go north on North St. Helen Road (Old M-76) five miles to the stop light at Airport Road and turn right (east). The campground is located on the left, 1/4 mile east on Airport Road next to the airport and park building.

To stay at the campground it is $15 a night for electric and water or $10 a night for rustic they have a nice bathroom with showers for campers and there is a trail from rustic if you dont want to go down pavement( which is legal there ) that leads to the main trailhead kiddy corner from the campground that will take you to the 1200 Acre ORV park or the other trail loops if you want to do some trail riding up there

I,m not sure when they are going to put up the signs showing everyone where things are located but the mud pit and atv pulls will be across the street from the camp ground and the new sand track is in the campground behind the ball diamonds, if you take the road leading into the camground that heads to the compost area to the very back of the camground you'll see the new track, and I think there is a road just before the campground next to the grass landing strip for the airport that also goes back past the ball diamonds that will take you there

Yeah from what I understand it will be 1 machine at a time and you get 2 attempts, everyone will be in different classes i dont know all the classes I know there is stock which is unmodified which will have different cc's dividing it up and a modified class if a stock machine has pipes and simple bolt ons it'll be in this class, and a exotic class which is unlimited. dont quote me one this its just what I heard, then the dirtbikes will have there seperate class and also the side by sides. but you can use the same machine for different riders each person just has to pay the reg. fee. so 1 machine can get 6 passes if you have 3 differen riders on it and they all paid the registration fee. I know there is trophys for all classes but not sure on exotic I think that is all cash. Like I said I'm just a person that knows its going on and I'm not in charge of any of it so I dont know all the info but the president of the dirt packers should know his name is Jim Lyttle and can be reached at this number which is the St Helen powersports 989-389-4961

Yeah from what I understand it will be 1 machine at a time and you get 2 attempts, everyone will be in different classes i dont know all the classes I know there is stock which is unmodified which will have different cc's dividing it up and a modified class if a stock machine has pipes and simple bolt ons it'll be in this class, and a exotic class which is unlimited. dont quote me one this its just what I heard, then the dirtbikes will have there seperate class and also the side by sides. but you can use the same machine for different riders each person just has to pay the reg. fee. so 1 machine can get 6 passes if you have 3 differen riders on it and they all paid the registration fee. I know there is trophys for all classes but not sure on exotic I think that is all cash. Like I said I'm just a person that knows its going on and I'm not in charge of any of it so I dont know all the info but the president of the dirt packers should know his name is Jim Lyttle and can be reached at this number which is the St Helen powersports 989-389-4961

yah.. that dont sound fun to me.. If it was 2 bikes arm drop.. that would be better.. just no point in racing your self. I didn't see any tree system in the pics.. how are they planning on timing this event? a stop watch?

A for effort though.. just the wrong race structure.