Traded in my 09' Z06 last Friday for this...

so you downgraded? why

+++++++++ I agree!

I happen to be lucky enough to have a 2009 Z06, and a 2011 camaro SS. There is no way I would trade my Z06 for 2 camaros, let alone one. However, you gotta do what makes you happy. There is no way turbos make a camaro perform anywhere near what a Z will do. I guess unless you are a drag racer, then you might get close, but it's like a 600 lb difference, and the handling of a Z06 is just incredible. I put a nice clear bra only Z, and I didn't lower it at all, and I always back in when parking. It clears most everything with no problem in South Florida, you just have to be a bit cautious, and go in at an angle in certain areas. Having said all that, the Camaro is a great car, and I hope you enjoy!

PS- the Camaro clears just about everything!

+++++++++ I agree!

I happen to be lucky enough to have a 2009 Z06, and a 2011 camaro SS. There is no way I would trade my Z06 for 2 camaros, let alone one. However, you gotta do what makes you happy. There is no way turbos make a camaro perform anywhere near what a Z will do. I guess unless you are a drag racer, then you might get close, but it's like a 600 lb difference, and the handling of a Z06 is just incredible. I put a nice clear bra only Z, and I didn't lower it at all, and I always back in when parking. It clears most everything with no problem in South Florida, you just have to be a bit cautious, and go in at an angle in certain areas. Having said all that, the Camaro is a great car, and I hope you enjoy!

PS- the Camaro clears just about everything!

Thanks! We seem to have similar taste! I had a fun two years with the Z for sure. It's nice to have a real interior though,also. :) The Camaro is getting ready to get a clear bra and tint Thur. I should have gotten one on the Z. Suprised no one has commented on the Raccoon! lol

-Blake

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. I went to actually buy a 2SS Camaro in April. Drove a 6 speed, car was nice. Wife talked me into taking a Vette for a ride. Took a base coupe 6 speed out, liked it but not too thrilled with the narrow body. Saw a Grand Sport, took an auto for a ride. Loved the look, wanted a manual. The next week to a GS 6 speed for a ride, that was all it took, orderd it on the spot and took delivery last month. VERY HAPPY! Good luck with your noew ride.

• 2 months later...