Adding K&N pod air filters

I have a questions concerining the installation of K&N pod air filters. I just bought a pair and I am concerned about the two bolts that the front of the stock air box slides over to hold the air box in place. It looks like the only way to remove these bolts is to grind them off. However, I REALLY don't want to do this. I would like to still be able to use my air box if I want to go riding the creek. Has anyone find a way to leave these bolts in place and still use the pod air filters without these bolts rubbing a hole in the air filters? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

**Sorry for the small picture... The max pic size it will let me upload is 50K!!**

post-35009-0-00413000-1311639289_thumb.jpg

I have a questions concerining the installation of K&N pod air filters. I just bought a pair and I am concerned about the two bolts that the front of the stock air box slides over to hold the air box in place. It looks like the only way to remove these bolts is to grind them off. However, I REALLY don't want to do this. I would like to still be able to use my air box if I want to go riding the creek. Has anyone find a way to leave these bolts in place and still use the pod air filters without these bolts rubbing a hole in the air filters? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

**Sorry for the small picture... The max pic size it will let me upload is 50K!!**

They are rounded off and smooth. I don't think they will wear holes in the filters? I have this question as well.

Get angled filters. Mine was the same way. My outerwears have holes and the filters tore. Now i bought the angled mount and no problems. As for the zip tie, If its to tight you might pull the filter off the carb or make a small air leak. Might not but its a possibility

What angle ones did you get, or model number?

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=30706&store=&catId=&productId=p30706&leafCatId=&mmyId= Thats what i ran. I like foamys better anyways. They make k&n style too with an angled flange.