First Round of Mods Update

Well I finished the following Mods to my 2009 Banshee:

Engine:

Toomey T5 Pipes

Keihin 28MM PWKs/K & N filters

NOSS Machine/Fast Cool Head (21cc domes)

Dynateck Ignition Box with #3 timing map

Suspension:

Elka stg 2s with piggybacks

LSR +2+1 A Arms

G force +4 Axle

Braided steel brake lines

I haven't installed the Flex Bars yet.

My review: Wow! The motor really rips now! I have like no traction what so ever now! On paved areas it want to wheelie really easy in 1st and 2nd gears now! Im very happy. I luv the PWK 28 carbs, easy install, setup, and very smooth and responsive. I think the jetting is just about perfect, with main jets at 155, and 47 low speed. I think it may be just a hair rich, as it top gear from low RPM it isn't quite as crisp rolling on as I would like, smooth but could be a little more crisp (if that makes sense) so I may go down a size just to see how that works. I pulled the plugs and they are colored medium brown.

The Suspension is like night and day, the banshee used to beat me up like crazy, and I would slow down a lot when I hit bumpy sections out of fear and a little bit out of pain. Now it just soaks the bumps up like crazy. Coming off small jumps is a non-issue, lands very nice. Im fairly new to the ATV scene, but man does this thing handle and ride nice now. Its like I don't even know if I need the Fast Flexx bars now.

Here are a few pics from after my test ride today:

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

fuck the flexx bars. nice to see someone running EXACTLY the same setup as i am. Get yourself an aftermarket filter if you can. Its a worthy trail machine and blows the doors off piped 400's. The only thing you got on me is the a-arms, which are coming soon.... Looks good man. :cheers:

fuck the flexx bars. nice to see someone running EXACTLY the same setup as i am. Get yourself an aftermarket filter if you can. Its a worthy trail machine and blows the doors off piped 400's. The only thing you got on me is the a-arms, which are coming soon.... Looks good man. :cheers:

I have K & N pods with outerwears. What size jets u runnin?

Nice Ride!

I'm really diggin the red, white and black!

That has to be one of the most perfect "First Round" of mods.

Now see what a set of V-Force 3's will do!

How does the Dynateck Ignition Box with #3 timing map work?

Edited by Strm Trpr

Nice Ride!

I'm really diggin the red, white and black!

That has to be one of the most perfect "First Round" of mods.

Now see what a set of V-Force 3's will do!

How does the Dynateck Ignition Box with #3 timing map work?

Thanks, the color scheme wasn't my favorite at first, but it's really growing on me. Im very happy with the upgrades. I ride in sandy trails, and I really don't think more power would benefit me at all right now, since I have little to no traction in the first 4 gears, just a big ol rooster tail behind me. Its plenty fast for now. I will consider new reeds whenever the next round of upgrades comes, which will be in quite a while (probably at least a year). The next round will probably be be a ported 4 mill and the reeds. The dynatech is basically a more expensive way to add some timing, it just adds and takes the timing away in a more progressive manner than modifying the factory timing plate. Here is a pic of the curves that are available (I didn't get the custom programming kit). Mine is set on curve 3, which pulls very strong, and smoothly.

dynatechignadvancecurve.jpg

First mods I'm doing my stock 2002 is full front and rear suspension.

I have a ST +2+1 JP Engineering/Works triple rates w/rezzies on my 87 J-Arm and I'm very pleased. :headbang:

Now I have the stock suspended 2002 that's in my sig. banghead

I'm torn between a LSR ST +2+1, ST +3+1 or a LT +3+1 front setup.

Do your LSR upper A-Arms pivot on 3 piece heavy duty teflon lined adjustable hiem joints?

I want a suspension system that raises the entire bike like 1 - 2 inches higher if that's even possible.

I'm going to call Matt at SoCal tomorrow and see if he has some time to educate me on my suspension options.

This is Nieskes' Banshee with Elkas and ST +3+1 LSR front suspension.

I really like this stance. Do the front wheels appear to be a 3x2 offset to you?

picture022gg.jpg

Edited by Strm Trpr

The dynatech is basically a more expensive way to add some timing, it just adds and takes the timing away in a more progressive manner than modifying the factory timing plate. Here is a pic of the curves that are available (I didn't get the custom programming kit). Mine is set on curve 3, which pulls very strong, and smoothly.

dynatechignadvancecurve.jpg

Yep, I can see curve 3 has a nice plateau and pulls longer than any other curve.

I have an adjustable timing plate I might have to sell or run it in conjunction with a DynaTech if necessary.

Do you happen to know what a stk Banshee timing curve looks like?

And do you know if the stk ignition system has a rev limiter?

Yep, I can see curve 3 has a nice plateau and pulls longer than any other curve.

I have an adjustable timing plate I might have to sell or run it in conjunction with a DynaTech if necessary.

Do you happen to know what a stk Banshee timing curve looks like?

And do you know if the stk ignition system has a rev limiter?

The stock curve is on the chart I posted. According to Dynatech, the Dynatech FS raises the Limiter, and increases spark energy as well as adjusting the timing (so I assume the stock Ignitions box has a rev limiter?)

I assume the stock curve is curve 4?

It appears that the progamable ignition unit negates the need for an adjustable timing plate, correct?

What octane fuel are you running?

What elevation do you ride at?

I assume the stock curve is curve 4?

It appears that the progamable ignition unit negates the need for an adjustable timing plate, correct?

What octane fuel are you running?

What elevation do you ride at?

Curve 4 is stock

. Yeah but I didn't get the programming kit. I have 91 octane, sea level.