sniper pipes on a 421 hjr motor

banshee332

Dave I can see somewhat of your point, But this is a pipe review, we know what these bikes run consistently on this track, how is it not a fair comparison? .

The reason I say that is because you and many others have told me in the past how bad this track can be, how tough it is to find traction, how big motors get beat by smaller motors, etc.

Don't get me wrong....shit happens. Bad start, broken bike, red light, etc. But in the world of the common (notice I didn't say the norm...) bigger bikes generally take down the little ones.

I'm not talking 4 mil cubs vs 10 mil, I'm talking big DMs vs. stock cylinders, etc.

Now, if the track has changed that drastically over the years, then I apologize to you and to the track owner.

I was told by several people not to bother bringing my old bike out there all the way from MI...if that is no longer the case, then I apologize.

So back to my point...if the track is that tough and inconsistent...that's my basis for running at a more consistent and common track.

I am not trying to make light or insult you or your tuning abilities, or anyone else that runs at the track, I'm going on information that was given to me in the past by you and others who do run it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it has nothing to do with the review, frankly i think the inframes look like a very nice pipe, havent seen much in reviews or anything so its nice to read one, i dont know why it seems people are out to get kevin though? I dont wanna start anymore crap im just gunna let this thread die haha... but i didnt see any pics do you have any? they raw or chromed inframes right?

Zak was not telling me the truth? I don’t think that is so, I think he is just being bitter about the whole thing. Zak stop asking me for help in PMs and blasting me on open forums. This is the second time you have done this. I will not help you again. Good luck to both of you at the track.

No reason for anyone to get mad at this. It is not a dig on the pipes. It was a stand on the motor I built and someone saying that they made it faster by porting and other changes. I know the truth and that’s all that matters. I don’t need to prove it in any way. HJR motors do very well at that track and that speaks for itself.

U guys are freekin morons 3 time point track winner my ass maybe in amateur class but im pretty sure me and charlie always won the points when we raced the whole season and guess whose motors we run hjrs idk who the old man is but u must be as high as a kite all the shit ur talkin, we run 6.0s but 6.1s to 6.3s consistent and if i remember rite none of the tracks we ran at this year are 300ft thier all shorter than 300ft, so there u go get ur story straight, maybe if u guys would learn how to do some tuning u could win i could port my own motor and run better times than u guys can, and all this talkin shit on kevin go get ur motors built by someone else i beat this boys 10mill more than he ever beat me, the one whos takin up for zack and i have a baby 4mill so there u go maybe look at ur tuners thats ur problem we can take any of hjrs 4milss and run dead consistent as any other weve did it before and it cracks me up that me and charlie are bigger than 4mills all u have to do is put up a 150 bucks to tear us down, it would make my day too bc id take ur money

U guys are freekin morons 3 time point track winner my ass maybe in amateur class but im pretty sure me and charlie always won the points when we raced the whole season and guess whose motors we run hjrs idk who the old man is but u must be as high as a kite all the shit ur talkin, we run 6.0s but 6.1s to 6.3s consistent and if i remember rite none of the tracks we ran at this year are 300ft thier all shorter than 300ft, so there u go get ur story straight, maybe if u guys would learn how to do some tuning u could win i could port my own motor and run better times than u guys can, and all this talkin shit on kevin go get ur motors built by someone else i beat this boys 10mill more than he ever beat me, the one whos takin up for zack and i have a baby 4mill so there u go maybe look at ur tuners thats ur problem we can take any of hjrs 4milss and run dead consistent as any other weve did it before and it cracks me up that me and charlie are bigger than 4mills all u have to do is put up a 150 bucks to tear us down, it would make my day too bc id take ur money

200 riders my ass for all u ppl that believe that go under bbdrdirtdrags.com and look at the points were lucky to have 15 ppl in each class so now u can see whos lyin

I say who gives a flying f***. Everyone is gonna defend their work. But track times and speeds talk. We are all about the performance. Zachs bike got faster, minus the little burp on the bottom end. Zach is an amazing rider and runs way more consistent than I do. Not starting shit with hjr or any other builder, it takes an amazing amount of patience and skill to do these things on your own. But these f***ing sniper pipes are the real deal. I have been to three different tracks this year and have only lost to bigger motors or to my own incosistency with lights. I'm not the best rider but have still managed to place 4th at our track in the points this yr tied with someone else. I've brought home second at our track on the last race running 6.2s and a 6.1 at the end of the night. I have one of the original oofs snipers and I have no complaints in the world minus they aren't chromed. I've run 4.0s on a 300ft this yr and lost to a 14mil cheetah in the finals by a half a bike on a 465 hard packed dirt track with horrible conditions. Once I set aside the crank problems and fixed a few little tuning problems and with a lot of help from brad this bike came to life. These pipes accelerate like nothing you'll ever feel. If you stage at three quarter throttle for max torque and the lights drop when you peg that throttle you better hold the fuck on. I've placed 3rd and 2nd at these other two tracks and I am a horrible rider for consistence when it comes to reaction times. Lol. My bike is gary bilbys passion ported cub on 112 vp. I run 39pwks with a pvl and no straight cuts on a stock chassis. I lost to an hjr motor in the finals last race but it wasn't by much and it most likely had to do with my .500 lights. Passion racing has done an amazing job with this product and ill stand up for them and the way they are with their customers. These aren't just a slap on performance part. Tuning is a must to scrape the most out of them but when you get them spot on, that's exactly what they are is spot on. Again hjr, I have no beef with you or any other engine builder for that matter, just posting performance and defending brad. He's a great guy to know and has helped many people. Any questions on my bike just ask or text.....8145058437

Reading my own post I see that I sound like I might be a dick. I apologize. In no way am I dissing anyone especially kevin herr. He must do some pretty good work because he is obviously still in business. I was merely pointing out my observations to support the sniper pipes. And pointing out that I suck at the lights and if I'm winning it must have a lot to do with the motor to make up for mmake up for my reaction times. I'm sorry jesse. I'm backing the other guys on this one. Not everyone has the money to dump into like you guys have. I built mine on hopes and dreams as well as a few other people in the class. I don't feel it is right to be ragging on people like that and think its kinda dickish. Surely you must see that we are becoming more of a threat to you and charlie. Most of us don't send an entire motor out to have it built professionally nor have the funds available. We go and do our best to make them better and faster on our own. Along with that we don't dyno nor do we have aftermarket chassis. This was only meant to promote the pipes not for everyone to get in here and piss eachother off.

Reading my own post I see that I sound like I might be a dick. I apologize. In no way am I dissing anyone especially kevin herr. He must do some pretty good work because he is obviously still in business. I was merely pointing out my observations to support the sniper pipes. And pointing out that I suck at the lights and if I'm winning it must have a lot to do with the motor to make up for mmake up for my reaction times. I'm sorry jesse. I'm backing the other guys on this one. Not everyone has the money to dump into like you guys have. I built mine on hopes and dreams as well as a few other people in the class. I don't feel it is right to be ragging on people like that and think its kinda dickish. Surely you must see that we are becoming more of a threat to you and charlie. Most of us don't send an entire motor out to have it built professionally nor have the funds available. We go and do our best to make them better and faster on our own. Along with that we don't dyno nor do we have aftermarket chassis. This was only meant to promote the pipes not for everyone to get in here and piss eachother off.

Right on.

Jessie (625banshee) This post was about sniper pipes on a 421 cu bwhy was my motor brought in to. I dident Bring my motor or even passion racing into this post. As of you beating me more, I highly doubt that. I ran againest your dads 10mill dm 3 times last year and won everyone, But whats that have to do with this post? Nothing. Jessie I have nothing againest you guys, I like you and your dad. I never once knocked on you ,if anything I stood up for you. Like Andrew said not everyone has the money to buy all the best parts,chassis etc. They do it for the love of the sport, And we all know money really helps. I think all us other guys that have less money into are bikes are doing just fine in keeping up.

How bout lets keep this post on topic

Edited by banshee332

Brad this is Randy If this post is about pipes then y is HJR all over it.U r always cutting him down. HJR (Kevin) builds my motors because I trust him he always dose me a super job for a grate price! And he stands behind his work!!! I run my business the same way. Thats how i can support my racing and have nice things. I by most of my stuff used and i pay cash for it. I am blessed to be able to do so. And Jesse spends alot of time taking care of our bikes thats y we have nice equipment to race. I work about 80 hrs a week.FYI my money dont come easy and I watch how i spend it.Kevins prices are some of the best out thare And he treets every one the same.He built my 421 First 5 years ago He dnt no me from anyone els and we all no how it workes Dont we. So that said I dnt say anything about your builder . And i dont think Jesse did. So my new build for this winter will be a nother 10mill Bike see u at the races.

Brad this is Randy If this post is about pipes then y is HJR all over it.U r always cutting him down. HJR (Kevin) builds my motors because I trust him he always dose me a super job for a grate price! And he stands behind his work!!! I run my business the same way. Thats how i can support my racing and have nice things. I by most of my stuff used and i pay cash for it. I am blessed to be able to do so. And Jesse spends alot of time taking care of our bikes thats y we have nice equipment to race. I work about 80 hrs a week.FYI my money dont come easy and I watch how i spend it.Kevins prices are some of the best out thare And he treets every one the same.He built my 421 First 5 years ago He dnt no me from anyone els and we all no how it workes Dont we. So that said I dnt say anything about your builder . And i dont think Jesse did. So my new build for this winter will be a nother 10mill Bike see u at the races.

Ok Im going to try and clear a few things up. This post is snipers pipes on a hjr 421,so thats why hjr is in this post. Before I starting helping getting the bike tuned it you know as well has me that the bike did not run all that great. So thats why I stated that, if you took that as a knock towards hjr im sorry. Remember this is a report on how the bike ran before and after the snipers pipes so I have to say how the bike ran,who ported, what kind of pipes etc. Now once I started tuning on it for a few weeks I was told the porting was touched up, so I fill that its fair to say that. After that was done I kept on tuning on the bike with cpis and we seen I would say over a little bit of a thenth of gain. Once again if you fell like that is a knock towards hjr for saying that im sorry, but its not.

Randy I have nothing but respect for you,jessie and Tiff.You guys are good people and good riders as well. I really dont see where im talking crap on Kevin if anything it was jessie coming on and talking about my bike that I hardly ran for the past two years. That has nothing to do with this post. Its about 1 bike and 1 set of pipes. Thats it.

You know how it is at the track there always un ture rumors. Somebody says something then it gets all twisted around.

Hope there are no hard feelings Brad.

well when they first got that motor from kevin it ran perfectly fine and it was in the top 3 its called they mess with stuff all the time and make it run worse, plus so if these sniper pipes work so good if i put them on my bike it should make it run 5.8s than i highly doubt that, plus still since they did all that work to it they still cant win so there u go just bc they cant win doesnt mean its the motor look at the bike its heavy as hell it doesnt have drag aarms shocks or anything like that, i mean all that stuff helps, i really dont care ill always be runnin hjr motors and winnin so thats all that matters to me u can bash them all you want but an hjr motor is usually always 1st in the 4mill class

Edited by 625banshee

Not upset at all Brad Just dont want people to think Keven built zack a piece of crap i no thats not the case. I no how that bike has ran and what times it spit out. So no one can tell me a story . all I can say is they need to think about what gears they ran when they first set up that bike What typ ing sys and what carb setting.

I sat here & read this whole thread, & from my understanding the thread is SUPPOSE to be about a review on sniper pipes tested on a HJR 421 CUB. When I read this thread I get the impression that you are publicly trying to convince everybody, that Kevin is not as good at what everybody claims he is far as engine buliding. You said on here multipal times that you had a HJR cub, that's obviously ported by Kevin to match your CPI's. Now I have a HJR motor ported by Kevin & his work is awesome. He ported my motor to match my pipes & etc. You said you had somebody else do more port work to the cylinders & threw on some snipers it ran better. Now if you sent the cylinders or motor back to kevin & told him you are going to try out some snipers. I honestly believe that he would have port matched the cylinders to match the snipers & got the engine to run alot better than they are running now with some tuning. My point is that you are comparing how Kevin ported the cylinders to CPI's & performed. Then had another builder go do some more port work for the snipers with tuning of course, & saying that it ran better. I bet if I sent my cylinders back to kevin & told him I need more power out of these cylinders he could do it with more port work & snipers. So like stated in a previous post you are comparing apples to watermelons. Big UPS to Kevin @ HJR.. JMHO :shrugani:

Edited by 252wheelieking

This post is about sniper pipe performance. Let's quit knocking eachother and get back to the topic at hand. We are all friends at that track and this engine builder bullcrap aside. Randy and jesse if you wanna check the performance on these sniper pipes, I owe you guys a few favors, ill let you use mine to test on a dyno, just to see by chance if your bike makes more power. These pipes weren't made to be an average pipe. They were designed specifically around the porting applications on a 421 cub and work well. I've spoke to gary(the designer) along with jim smart and their aim was to scrape the most power through all ranges out of a 421 cub. Look at them as custom pipes built for your specific porting style. Even if the pipe wasn't working well which I tend to believe it is, we are on here to comment on no matter who ported the motor the pipes do make a substantial horsepower change. These pipes no matter how hard you run or push your motor only seem to work better and the in frames are supposed to make more power than the oofs. I've never run shearers so I can't really say anything about them but I've run two styles of cpis and the snipers work much better on the cub. Racing isn't about winning all the time atleast not for me. its about the heart you put into that machine. I love racing with a passion and I could care less if I don't have the best parts or the nicest bike. I work with what I have and I enjoy learning what makes it faster or slower. Randy you are always one of the firsts along with brad to help someone at the track and I'm. Sure I speak for a lot of people when I say we have the utmost appreciation for you two along with fraker for supporting us less fortunate two stroke enthusiasts. I know I def. Appreciate it. And as for next yr....I think you guys got a taste of me last race.....lol ill be seeing your hjr 4mil in the finals all next yr......this time I'm bringing my a-game.......haha.