power band

hey guys.... man do i have a story, seems to turn out that , me being new to the banshee... i had my cousin which builds banshee's to race, take a look at my banshee..... in an hours time, he had it broke down.... and fixed... here is the story... first of all let me say that i had not touched this bike at all...only my carbs and idle..... anyways... the plug wires were crossed, jets were dirty, and the carbs needed to be adjusted. so pretty much the bike was just firing on ONE cylinder... so he checked it all out and now he told me that not to even think about what it rode like when i first got it, cause now... well he said that i would like it.... so just with a little work and a little knowledge from him my bike is in running order!!!! no my dumb ass will be reading EVERY singe thread i can find on here and i will have my nose crammed in the CLYMER!!!! all i can say is that im lucky that i didnt hurt the bike no more than it was... THANKS to all that led me in the direction and this site rocks!! now its time to learn.. thanks guys!!!

the banshee will run with the plug wires crossed......actually there's not a right and a wrong plug that the wires can go on. The banshee will spark both plugs at the same time.....ithis is why you will see some of us with a given cylinder that goes down grab the plug wires and swap them around.....this is used to see if the dead cylinder problem changes side.....eliminating a mechanical problem or an electrical problem to narrow down what the cause is....

• 1 month later...

You really need to do some readiing about the Banshee and 2-strokes in general. A service manual is your friend. Find someone local who is familair with the Banshee. If not get the book. Please don't take this the wrong way but......the is no such thing as a "Power band" in a bike or any 2-stroke. All that is happening when the bike seems to "kick in" is that the engine is coming on the pipe and the bike is in its power band or the area in which the engine is running at its optimum performance. I'm sure someone can explain it better than me. These 350 engines are great when they are running at their best. Get to know it and you will be a very happy camper.

any motor has a (power band) its simply where your bike makes peak power.. in two strokes they hit high and higher rpm.. v8 chevy has a power band its just smooth not a big hit like a two stroke.. i agree with you i am just trying to say it in a different way.. :bolt: