timing on alky

patsbansh

i need a good start point i have a dyna box with adjustable curves and i will be running alky. with this set up do i put the adjustable timing plate back to zero and let the computer take care of the timing? This is a 421 cub motor w 39 pwk's shearer oof's. If anyone is running something similar please let me know this is the final bit before test and tune. Thanks for all the help you guys have given so far, its been a long build and i'm so looking forward to this

i need a good start point i have a dyna box with adjustable curves and i will be running alky. with this set up do i put the adjustable timing plate back to zero and let the computer take care of the timing? This is a 421 cub motor w 39 pwk's shearer oof's. If anyone is running something similar please let me know this is the final bit before test and tune. Thanks for all the help you guys have given so far, its been a long build and i'm so looking forward to this

where are you trying to run it?

shorter distances (300ft) can use a little higher timing than longer distances (8th mile).

for a little shorter distance and start around 7 or so on the initial timing (timing plate) then have the cdi set to what will work best for your bike.

for longer is start about 5 advanced.

depends on the domes..

if the dyna is straight out the box set the plate at 0 and start with curve 3. then if your going to run dyno start up on the timing on the plate till it seems right. might end up at +2 on the plate and could end up all the way up to 10-12. just depends on the motor.

if you have the program for the dyna you can play with it a lil bit or some shops have a nice curve already figured out. you would want to increase the timing a tad over the entire curve and have more at the lower rpm's and less at the upper rpm's/

rember when you adjust the plate youa re adding timing over the entire rpm curve/. with the dyna you can increase the timing where you want it and not where yo dont.

where are you trying to run it?

shorter distances (300ft) can use a little higher timing than longer distances (8th mile).

for a little shorter distance and start around 7 or so on the initial timing (timing plate) then have the cdi set to what will work best for your bike.

for longer is start about 5 advanced.

I'm running the 1/4 and at sea level. the number 3 curve is what was recommended with the adjustable curve maker dyna ignition and i have a programming kit for it but wanted to make a few passes to make sure everything was good before changing to my own settings

depends on the domes..

if the dyna is straight out the box set the plate at 0 and start with curve 3. then if your going to run dyno start up on the timing on the plate till it seems right. might end up at +2 on the plate and could end up all the way up to 10-12. just depends on the motor.

if you have the program for the dyna you can play with it a lil bit or some shops have a nice curve already figured out. you would want to increase the timing a tad over the entire curve and have more at the lower rpm's and less at the upper rpm's/

rember when you adjust the plate youa re adding timing over the entire rpm curve/. with the dyna you can increase the timing where you want it and not where yo dont.

thanks for the info i guess starting at 0 is better than wiping a top end, i'll see what happens and let you know