2000 Banshee 404cc Part out OR a trade for stock bike

I have a 2000 Banshee with a Vito's Performance 404 big bore on it. FMF Fatty pipes and FMF silencers. Gear box (was just open) appears to be in excellent shape. A-arms look straight. Works performance ressie front shocks.

I already have a 06 predator I ride so im either looking to part this bike out, sell it, or TRADE for a STOCK Banshee! The second bike is for the gf. So I want the cash to buy something specific, OR want a Banshee to start from a stock form to build up for her to get use to, instead of a 91 or 110 race gas bike. I'm also not familiar with Banshee's so would like to build one up and learn on my own. The size of the Banshee fits her and she does like it. She's ridden dirt bikes before and grew up on 4 wheelers (though usually smaller but had kick starts and had to shift).

So with that said, I live in Michigan's upper peninsula. I can and DO travel. Will be downstate a few times this summer. Willing to travel up to 6-8 hours one way for right items.

I also have read that parting out is better than trying to sell straight up. With this biking having a few goodies on it, I see it best to pull apart and get more money out of it I hope.

First group of buyers (trade, parts wanted, or whole bike buy), is what I'll go with. I live in a rental and work in the yard so a part out is only doable if I can sell a bulk of the parts fairly quickly.

Please make offers and/or speak up if interested!

264602_10150237768719694_507754693_7079227_6319219_n.jpg

More pictures can be uploaded (im down a camera unless I get it working, they dont like sand...).

I have parted out a complete snowmobile before so have gone through the part out process before. I'm good at mailing out within a day of payment and I do have paypal. The UPS shipping shop lady knew me by first name and always asked "which part now!??" lol. The 70lb skid frame she loved dealing with.

Edited by TheJ

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got ppl laying claim to parts already so I'll start taking notes of whats on the bike and getting pricing together.

So far there is dibs on

Entire top end

Carbs

Carb Cables

Boots/air intake

Axle

Axle bearing carrier

Shocks?

Do not know what they are set up for. I can say it rides a lot softer/better than my Predator with Fox Podium ressies all around. Even with just The 'shee having works on the front! This would have me sold on works shocks if i was in the market.

I'll try getting my camera working to get high res photos of all the bike.

Mind you, and everyone, I took this on trade so no nothing about it. I just know the motor work was first done 2 years ago. Has a "fresh top end with only a tank of gas through it". I did compression test and it has 135 psi both cylinders. Coming from a snowmobiling background, I'm Leary of mod motors, especially ones I have not done and ones on a brand/bike im not famaliar with. My financial situation also doesn't lend itself easily to keeping proper maintenance on a bike like this. Especially if something were to start letting go. With that said, It runs hard and strong and I'm doing nothing more than selling it before I put a hurt on it and lose money trying to sell a broken peace!

Edited by TheJ

With that said, I'll also update post with pricing as I decide on it!

Generally speaking though, I'm going off EBAY and going little lower than what seems like their fair prices!

Some bigger items ppl will be interested in though:

Pipes with whatever hardware: FMF Fatty gold series $150. Right one has a dent that could be repaired with water in freezer by the looks of it

Silencers. FMF Powercore II: $150.

Both together $225.

Top end complete, ~$700 is asking. This is a Vito 404 cylinders, pistons, Vito cool head, and Vito Hemi domes. Roughly 1 tank of gas ran through it. Price is negotiable but be fair to me! Items brand new with gaskets are little over $1100

Carbs are flat slide carbs: Price not sure yet, also not sure on size.

Case halfs: $250

Transmission gears: $80

Bottom end complete: $350

A-arms appear to be +2+1. I'm NOT sure how to confirm this!

But pricing wise, they appear straight and no dents. $350 with spindles.

Works dual rate Ressies. G series I believe: $350?

Front brakes with lines: $60.

Lever with master cylinder: $40.

$90 for whole front brake assembly.

Throttle lever only: $35

Radiator: $35. No punctures. Coolant bottle 5 bucks more.

Nerf bars. dirty but look good shape. I'll buy some new bolts at hardware store (the bolts looked hacked that are in it)

All hardware and nerf bars $70

Rear shock. Not sure on brand so I'll back to you. There's a shock cover on it. His ad said works shocks all around but looks like a stock shock.

Rear axle is a wider axle. Do not know what size but comes out 48" outside to outside of tire. It's straight! $210 w/ spindles and hardware. $180 w/o spindles.

Rear rims: $80. Appear to be aluminum douglass rims. Can confirm.

I'll get more pricing as I go along with this. I believe I can ship by next day of payments once I start getting bike apart tomorrow. Depending on part, I can start shipping out tomorrow! All items dropped off at shipping shop in afternoon. All items should come with tracking number. No prices include shipping. I got burned on that a couple times (100 dollars shipping on 110 dollar pipe for example but it was too canada). Most everything shipped UPS.