Please help first time going to dunes paddles and swingarm

lms1977

Me and a buddy are going to try to make the 12hr trip to silverlake :)

My quad is setup towards woods/trail riding probably 50 hp +-

from what I have read v paddle will turn better but the straight paddle will pull harder on straights.

I have extra 9in rims I want to put paddles on I want as much traction as I can get without bogging all the time my mods are in my sig.

I don't drag (bikes not that fast) I want to climb hill and ride the trails and dune.

Also I will probably get a new swingarm I was thinking either + 2 or 4 what do you think. On the dirt and coal piles we ride it wheelies pretty easy.

Thanks I really don't want to drive 12hrs and not be set up anywhere close.

IMO I would go with a straight paddle setup. Iv had a bike with them sort of mods and did fine with a 8 paddle hauler. U just need to know how to ride on them is all. Have u ever taken ur bike on the sand and tried a pair of borrowed paddle from a buddy? Like at an old river bed or sandpit?

IMO I would go with a straight paddle setup. Iv had a bike with them sort of mods and did fine with a 8 paddle hauler. U just need to know how to ride on them is all. Have u ever taken ur bike on the sand and tried a pair of borrowed paddle from a buddy? Like at an old river bed or sandpit?

No I have never rode paddles no one I know has them.

Will I still be able to turn with stock tires up front?

No I have never rode paddles no one I know has them.

Will I still be able to turn with stock tires up front?

You will have no problems with the front stock tires. I cant help much with paddle selection, as I have never been to silver lake. Get haulers and skip the molded paddles, they are heavy as hell and suck power.

Yea the coal is hard as hell on tires!!!

I saw a guy on coal hills with kenda gecko's they seemed to hook good in the coal at least compared to my mudlites.

He said the have alot of trips on them and still looked pretty good.

Would that tire be good in sand?

The haulers seem expensive to only get to run once I think the coal and rocks would kill them but don't know for sure.

I will probably get the +4 swingarm will it still dune ok and trail ok?

Here's my suggestion:

Leave your stock swingarm. You won't have any issues with the front end creeping up on you with 50hp.

As far as paddles go. For your first time to the dunes, I would get a set of ITP Sand Stars. I've ridden on probably 5 different sets of paddles, and they were my favorite for all around riding. They turn extremely well, and hook up well enough to have moderate-good straight line performance.

Here's my suggestion:

Leave your stock swingarm. You won't have any issues with the front end creeping up on you with 50hp.

As far as paddles go. For your first time to the dunes, I would get a set of ITP Sand Stars. I've ridden on probably 5 different sets of paddles, and they were my favorite for all around riding. They turn extremely well, and hook up well enough to have moderate-good straight line performance.

X2 I wouldn't spend the money on haulers if its a one time thing. You can pick up some sand stars alot cheaper. If you decide to go to the dunes more in the future, then buy some better tires. As far as the swinger, you shouldn't need it until you have a few more HP

Thanks guys I picked up a set of used gbc sand sharks locally. Not sure were going to silver lake or not yet, I thought there were more trails but from what I have seen mostly just open riding.

I will use the tires on the coal hills.

If I am wrong about silver lake please correct me I really want to try sand but dont like just flying around 5th and 6th gear.

any input would be helpful