Front Wheels

06specialedition

Whats up guys,

I just picked up a set of Skat Trak front smooth buffs for my 06SE. The front wheels and tires that are on it right now will be going on my other bike, so I need to buy wheels for my new tires.

So my question is: What size of rim width should I get for the 21x7-10 smoothies? I've seen 4,5,6 inch widths in the douglas blue label. This bike never sees anything except sand, and 90% dunes 10% hillshoots.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks -Zach

10x6 makes the tire wide.. great flotation

So the wider the better? I've heard it both ways, some guys have said the 10x4 are the only way to go.......but others say wider wheel is better. The wheels I'm running right now with my mohawks are super wide, and I do like the stance it gives my bike. I would assume there isn't a huge weight difference between a 10x4 and 10x6?

So the wider the better? I've heard it both ways, some guys have said the 10x4 are the only way to go.......but others say wider wheel is better. The wheels I'm running right now with my mohawks are super wide, and I do like the stance it gives my bike. I would assume there isn't a huge weight difference between a 10x4 and 10x6?

I only use the 10x4's with the smaller 18" tires. Maybe a pound or 2 in weight. The narrow rim will make the tire taller but not as wide.

• 2 weeks later...