shipping a chassis

how are you guys shipping your chassis's? Iwas told greyhound will ship stuff. I called them and they said they can only ship stuff upto 30x47x82 My frame meets all them but the length..... whats the easiest cheapest way to ship something this big?

My frame was shipped to me via UPS, it was wrapped in shrink wrap. it only cost about $150 for the frame and a huge tote full of other parts. so i don't think it would be that costly.

That was from MI to UT

Edited by Duneman101

I got a quote for like $260 thru UPS to ship mine to Tim in AZ and was like $70ish thru Greyhound. Took a while to get there though and when I got worried there tracking system was some dude reassuring me they don't lose things and it will get there eventually.... Any way, it did eventually get there unharmed.

I got a quote for like $260 thru UPS to ship mine to Tim in AZ and was like $70ish thru Greyhound. Took a while to get there though and when I got worried there tracking system was some dude reassuring me they don't lose things and it will get there eventually.... Any way, it did eventually get there unharmed.

X2

I had a frame shipped to me here in Tucson from the East coast and it was under $80 via Greyhound. I would call them back because whoever you talked to didn't have a clue.

It does take longer than UPS or USPS, and you do have to go pick it up at the Greyhound station, but it's worth it.

X2

I had a frame shipped to me here in Tucson from the East coast and it was under $80 via Greyhound. I would call them back because whoever you talked to didn't have a clue.

It does take longer than UPS or USPS, and you do have to go pick it up at the Greyhound station, but it's worth it.

problem is 600 or something like that is max for insurance.. it gets scary when your shipping a 3k chassis.

I dont think JT's chassis is going to ship greyhound.. its too long.

problem is 600 or something like that is max for insurance.. it gets scary when your shipping a 3k chassis.

I dont think JT's chassis is going to ship greyhound.. its too long.

Shipping anything work 3K is a pain. I used to work for a jeweler and we would ship diamonds worth thousands. We always had return receipt, signature required and insurance. Big $.

An extended frame is a whole nother monster, my frame was stock so no problem there. Often the rear subframe is removable to help reduce length but it can still be pricey.

If you wanna play... you gotta pay!

Shipping anything work 3K is a pain. I used to work for a jeweler and we would ship diamonds worth thousands. We always had return receipt, signature required and insurance. Big $.

An extended frame is a whole nother monster, my frame was stock so no problem there. Often the rear subframe is removable to help reduce length but it can still be pricey.

If you wanna play... you gotta pay!

subframe isn't removeable and even if it was.. its still too long.