ATV no title in Indiana?

that not true. i live in hammond IN and i have a tittle for my 99 banshee from the state of indania.

When did you get your title? When I was working at the stealership atv's couldn't be titled in Indiana. I have never seen an Indiana title for an atv but now that you say that they changed the law a couple of years ago. I can't find it right at the moment but I'll keep looking. I emailed the BMV now to find out when it changed. I'll try calling one of my trooper buddies and see what he knows about them too.

i don't know all about the laws all i know is i have one for my banshee. and just because someone doesn't have a tittle shouldn't scare you away. just ask a bunch of ?? about the bike and see how it runs, if it is stolen more than likely the person won't know much about it. hell even say you or going to run the numbers on the frame first and see how he reacts. if he is allfor it or he try not to. you can always get a bill of sales for it too.

Here is the response I got from the BMW when asked about titling an ATV in Indiana.

Dear Jonathan,

A person who purchased an off-road vehicle before December 31, 2005 may obtain a certificate of title. After December 31, 2005 all off road vehicles sold or purchased as new or used and which are less than five (5) model years old must obtain a certificate of title. You will need the title or the Certificate of Origin.

Sincerely,

Marc Sirkin

BMV Communications

IF you are worried about it being stolen, get the vin # off of the frame and call the fuzz or the DMV can do it, but the wait isn't worth it, they can run it to see if it's stolen. I have done this a couple times here in Utah it was really easy to do, if it's not stolen get a bill of sale and you can get it titled, at least that's how it works here.