Compression

Hey, quick question...

I keep reading everywhere that compression on a banshee is supposed to be like 115-130 or something..

I checked mine last month and both cylinders were at 145 psi (with wide open throttle). Can someone tell me why this is different? I am looking to buy another banshee and the guy said he just rebuilt the top end with a Teflon piston and rings and he checked it and it only had 115 psi in both cylinders, and he said it only had 5 hours of ride on it.

Thanks

They vary so much you cant go by what you read. Actual dome cc, porting, elevation, squish, base gasket thickness, condition of your reeds, carbon buildup on your pistons, etc. There is all kinds of variables to consider.

it honestly varies.....no two banshee motors are exactly the same.....even if they are both factory stock machines. Most get an average of around 115-125ish as stock compression....but it also varies on the altitude you are at. At higher alititudes you will see less compression but a normal running motor where as at low altitude you will see high compression and require higher octane fuel. if you are around sea level to say 1500ft of elevation then i would say with 145 you may have eiher a smaller sized cc dome in a aftermarket head (such as a cool-head or a noss head) or you may have a machined stock head. but you never know til you rip your shit apart and check EVERYTHING out...