yfz450 shocks on my 97 shee

dru619

Alright here goes I finally got my baby back 97 banshee after $850 for a complete rebuild top and bottom including labor and a free set of renthal grips yay!!!! So i'm ready for suspension and i wanna go wider however i'm a baller on a budget so i was thinking of getting factory yfz shocks and those full flight racing long travel extended a-arms the arms are $300 shocks $130 on cL what do you guys think? I've seen people with this set up but not with full flights, i also am gonna get a g-force axle +2 for $156. Has anybody run this set-up? if so hows the ride? or should i just save money and wait which we all can't wait lol , should i just put on my axle for now??????? :confused: :confused: help....me out fellas!!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the a-arms fit perfect. And the shocks I got from a guy on here Snopczynski. I believe the top of the 450 shocks need hit with a grinder for them to fit in the top shock mount on the frame. At least that is how they came to me from snop. And they fit perfect Thanks snop!

hey peoples does anybody know if a yfz450 shock is a direct TOP fitment for a banshee if you have the travel arms? i've been hearing that you have to grind the top yfz shock for proper fitment if so how much must i grind. Basically i wanna do the yfz450 front suspension swap on my 97 Banshee provide me with info fellas

Ya it works, theirs a thread showing how to install at the top of the page. I have some for sale if you are interested. Good shape off a 08 i believe. Would have kept them but i didnt realize i had long travel a arms. If your using +2 arms they work good. If stock not so much. Will put stress on your ball joints. Will also be an 1" higher.

OH REALLY!! damn i thot it was plug and play how much did snop grind off? so a stock yfz shock will not line up? I wish i knew about HJR before rebuiding my SHEE but ya so i have to grind damn..... ok

Doesn't look like much at all. Just enough for it to clear the mount. I will take a picture of what it looks like and post it later today if you would like.

And HJR is a site sponsor there are some good motor builders that sponsor this site. Check out the sponsor's page.

Edited by kodie

i was thinking about this setup too when i have money, right now i have 450 a arms with new ball joints, 450 spindles, 450 shocks, and NOSS +2 tie rods, the setup looks really trick, and is 4inches wider, 1 inch forward and i believe around 2 inches lower, so basicly mx stance. i just put my motor in after i split the cases, but im getting a few other things so i have yet to ride it <_<

So they are a good fit siiiic!!!! I read the thread that says shows you how to install yfz shocks on a STOCK A-Arm and have to alter the shock and mount for better fitment. I was talking to KODIE on here has the set-up with full flight racing arms (LOOKS HELLA SICC) and had told me that the guy before him had grinded the top part of the shock to fit on his shee, I wanna run the set up just wanna know if i have to alter or grind i'm reading all kinds of people saying they needed to grind a lil part on the top mount others say the bottom etc...... :confused: .. so help me put lol BUT YA HOW much for the shocks? gotta pic of em?

Doesn't look like much at all. Just enough for it to clear the mount. I will take a picture of what it looks like and post it later today if you would like.

And HJR is a site sponsor there are some good motor builders that sponsor this site. Check out the sponsor's page.

Send me that pic when you get a chance dont mean to be a bug just want it done right. How much travel do you have in the front? So did your BAD ASS motor come by? What did you get done? How long did it take? I read that you have to send your motor in, in a tote?....... I went on HJR and daaamn luv it AND they're 45mins away from me i'm in San Diego