Moving the power band.

2-1 carb is a great mod , makes jetting real easy adds 20% more low end,

i know the speed demonds like dual carbs but f-that, lol

also the biggest thing on a 2 stroke is the head pipe thats all on when u want ur power,

like fmf has 3 diff kind pipes, i hear T-5's r for just top end ,

bills has good pipes and chit 4got the other name , lol

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2-1 carb is a great mod , makes jetting real easy adds 20% more low end,

i know the speed demonds like dual carbs but f-that, lol

also the biggest thing on a 2 stroke is the head pipe thats all on when u want ur power,

like fmf has 3 diff kind pipes, i hear T-5's r for just top end ,

bills has good pipes and chit 4got the other name , lol

This is purely a trinity claim. I ran two 30mm oko carbs on a 350cc motor vs. a single 35mm pwk and the twins had every bit of crisp throttle response and pull down low. On the top end, however, the dual carbs carried the powerband and overrev so much further. Snopy has dyno comparisons exposing the 2-into-1 for what it is. The FMFs you have now will give you the powerband you desire. I'm going to throw 2 cents into the "vitos pistons" pot like the others.

This is purely a trinity claim. I ran two 30mm oko carbs on a 350cc motor vs. a single 35mm pwk and the twins had every bit of crisp throttle response and pull down low. On the top end, however, the dual carbs carried the powerband and overrev so much further. Snopy has dyno comparisons exposing the 2-into-1 for what it is. The FMFs you have now will give you the powerband you desire. I'm going to throw 2 cents into the "vitos pistons" pot like the others.

I still have the stock jugs that just need to be bored. Will I have more lower end power with the stock jugs, no porting, regular pistons? Or running my lightly ported jugs and and regular pistons? Does porting take away the lower end power?

I still have the stock jugs that just need to be bored. Will I have more lower end power with the stock jugs, no porting, regular pistons? Or running my lightly ported jugs and and regular pistons? Does porting take away the lower end power?

A hot port designed to make a lot of horsepower will need to sacrafice low end. A woods or mx style porting will focus on the low to mid range (you'll still have plenty of top end to look forward to). If you desire a very broad powerband, you will love what these banshees do with a 4mm stroker crank.

we can't tell you for sure, cause none of us here know the duration figures of your "lightly ported cylinders". if we knew the durations then sure.

• 3 weeks later...

make sure you go back with a STD style piston.

the pistons and any porting long wiht the fmf gold series would have produced a very very narrow powerband. INCREASE the front sproket size can help mellow it all out. if you have a 13 on it now go to a 14 you may be very suprised .. going with a smaller front sproket makes it seem faster because your shifting all the dang time and the bike revs really quick but in all reality its slower and your having to work 2 times as hard to ride it.

if you happen across some fmf fattys or SST's for a cheap price you might consider picking them up. those pipes compared to the gold series have a much broader powerband . the sst's have a great overrev compared to the std fatty. also pro circuits work well for general riding.

make sure you go back with a STD style piston.

the pistons and any porting long wiht the fmf gold series would have produced a very very narrow powerband. INCREASE the front sproket size can help mellow it all out. if you have a 13 on it now go to a 14 you may be very suprised .. going with a smaller front sproket makes it seem faster because your shifting all the dang time and the bike revs really quick but in all reality its slower and your having to work 2 times as hard to ride it.

if you happen across some fmf fattys or SST's for a cheap price you might consider picking them up. those pipes compared to the gold series have a much broader powerband . the sst's have a great overrev compared to the std fatty. also pro circuits work well for general riding.

CAMATV,

I talked to Kevin about the piston issue. He is going to use the regular wiesco pistons.

As far as the pipes go, they worked very well before the top end got tired. (The top end was 11 years old.) So I hope I have the right recipe this go around.

I just received your cylinders. One Coos Bay port job coming up. You guys have tight riding and different sand density. This port job was designed specific to the North West Dunes. You will love it!.

I just received your cylinders. One Coos Bay port job coming up. You guys have tight riding and different sand density. This port job was designed specific to the North West Dunes. You will love it!.

Cool!! What will be the turn around time?

Another great port job from kevin!