Pics of Powder Chome parts?

59bisquik

I am planning on taking my bike down and having it powder coated. The extended swing arm I was looking at comes in either black, silver vein or powder chome. I was thinking of coating the front suspension to match along with some other misc items. THe plan would be red and powder chrome. Anyone have any good pics of powder chome coated parts or bikes? I cant afford to chrome this one like my other bike is. So I was trying to fix this one up on a budget.

Edited by 59bisquik

powder chroime looks more like kinda polished alluminum

its hard to match a powder thats already been done. can you get the swinger in bare and have your powderguy do them all at the same time?

i liked my silver (chrome) powder bike i did a clear flake over the top of it. came out pretty cool. you could do a red clear flake on the silver parts..?

powder chroime looks more like kinda polished alluminum

its hard to match a powder thats already been done. can you get the swinger in bare and have your powderguy do them all at the same time?

i liked my silver (chrome) powder bike i did a clear flake over the top of it. came out pretty cool. you could do a red clear flake on the silver parts..?

Bare is no problem, the color just got me to thinking about options. Do you have any pics of yours?

ill be watching this one lol, i have been thinking of doing my frame in powder chrome also...would love to see some examples if anyone has some

Powder Chrome looks nothing like chrome, if you are expecting that. Jason had alf do a bunch of his stuff, and it came out terrible. Not shiny at all. I have a few lbs of "chrome", and my PBTB 100% gloss silver is almost exactly the same. Consider "powder chrome" = "Silver". It's not much more than that.

If you clear over the top of it, it looks a little better, but don't expect it to be "chrome". Sort-of polished aluminum is the closest thing I could compare it to.

the "chrome powder" is getting a lil better all the time there is a 300% gloss ( reflective like chrome) that has just been released. ALSA has it i've seen it on easybay also.

if i was still into doing powder myself i'd try it.