crankcase fluid level?

How full should the crankcase be with fluid? Everything is lubicated but i cant see the fluid level. Clutch is being weird too (seems kinda weak and wont roll in gear with the clutch in)

Can i run a light duty 10w40 if i need to change it?

There is no oil in the crankcase, it is a 2 stroke. The TRANNY oil should be on the full line on the dipstick with the dipstick sitting on thetop of the hole, NOT SCREWED IN. You should use a GOOD 2 stroke gear box oil, such as Klotz Flex Drive 30, in the tranny. It will pay off in trhe long run by giving you longer life from your gears, bearings and shift forks. I have used it for 15 years in a total of 5 Banshees, 2 Blasters and have never had a failure, not even a welded clutch ball(no pancake bearing). The reason I started using it is that it makes the bike shift better, but it is a better lubricant than motor oil, ATF, or even other gearbox oils.

The trans takes 1.5L.

Take a look at the clutch cover right above the kicker and it shows you how much.

Yes you can run that oil. Everyone has a brand and weight they like to run though.

Myself, i run Bel-Ray Gear saver 80W with good results in bikes and quads ive had for years of fun.

• Like 1