Another St. Anthonys Jetting Scenario

jkross

All,

Running 340 mains at sea level, headed to St. Anthonys for the 1st time ever. (I've searched but can't find any good answres with my setup)

Full Port

Cool head w/19cc domes

Advanced Timing

VF3's

Pods

CPI's

Running full race gas.

Anyone with a similar setup with a quick answer for the king of all procrastinators? My 2 stroke guru buddy guessed dripping to 320 mains. Is he crazy?

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!

My setup is very very close to yours. I ride at the same elevation as St. A's here in Utah.

I run 310 mains, 25 pilots, needles second notch from blunt end(top), air screws 1 1/2 out.

And honestly if the weather is real warm the 310's are still a tad on the rich side. But I prefer to run on the rich side. At 5000 ft up here, you can get away with pretty small jets. I would drop 2-3 sizes on your mains and see where that puts you. I've seen ported bikes out here run even 290-300 mains....just depending on port work.

Although I run pump gas, not race gas. I do have 19cc domes, but at this elevation with those domes race fuel isn't needed IMO.

I was running 340 mains at sea level when I went ther last summer and I dropped one jet size and then ended up dropping my needle one spot while I was there and mine ran great.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I bought every goddamn jet size they had. I'll start with 320's and see how they work. I'm just dreading f'ing around with it for an entire day. But I'm sure it'll be worth it...we'll be there for a full 7 days of riding...so maybe a day of wrenching won't be that bad.