Help wont run

Hello, Last year shee started running shitty. Late in season so just left it till now. Just redid top and put tors removal kit in. It is stock except it is bored .050 over and has a K&n filter with the lid. I cannotg get this thing to idle. been through carbs at least 3 times. soaked them in carb cleaner. all jets are clean. thing starts with choke on first or second kick. Then just wont stay running. seems like it is loading up or fllooding. have to keep fluttering throttle to keep it running. think it might be in the carbs but at a loss. any help would be great b4 i light it on fire. thanks in advance

Hello, Last year shee started running shitty. Late in season so just left it till now. Just redid top and put tors removal kit in. It is stock except it is bored .050 over and has a K&n filter with the lid. I cannotg get this thing to idle. been through carbs at least 3 times. soaked them in carb cleaner. all jets are clean. thing starts with choke on first or second kick. Then just wont stay running. seems like it is loading up or fllooding. have to keep fluttering throttle to keep it running. think it might be in the carbs but at a loss. any help would be great b4 i light it on fire. thanks in advance

What is your jetting currently at, and what is your elevation and ambient air temp.

Or just light it on fire.

Did you remove pilot jet when you cleaned them? Did you Look at them to see daylight thru them to be sure they're open? Also try adjusting idle air screws. Did you jet up when you put filter in? X-2 on posting jetting. Are slides in correct carb? Choke crossover installed? No air leaks? :cheers:

yes i did remove all the jets and make sure you could see light through them, the choke tube is connected it is clear and you can see the fuel go through when the choke is pulled out. the slides are in correct. the curved side toward the rear or towards the airbox. if not the idle screw for the tors wouldnt work so i am sure about that. also one other thing i did notice was a couple times the thing was just screaming and had to turn the key off and put it in gear. alsmost flipped me off the back once. i checked the boots between the carb and air box and they look good. tonight i going to take the reeds out and look at them and double check the intake boots and reeds look good. i will check the jetting. i going to assume it is real close to stock. it has always run fine. nothing really changed except for the new top end. but it ran bad b4 that too. the same.

Edited by bfranz67

Did you make sure you've disconnected the little TORS box under the left side of you tanks? I just did the same thing and it wouldnt stay running cuz of the stupid throttle switch..

First i would like to thank everyone for the suggestions. I tore it all apart again. Took out the reeds checked that, inspected boots went through carbs again. this time adjusted float level and cleaned everything again. and now it runs like a champ and it even idles. not sure exactly what fixed it is the only problem. think i need to put an inline filter the pilot jet wasd plugged again on both carbs. any recommendations on a filter. just anything or a certain brand?? thanks again for the help.