Getting a banshee

they are fast,keep filter cleand and oiled properly,use good twostroke oil for mix,I use amsoil dominator oil,read up on hear there is a lot of good info.

welcome to bhq

Hello, im new here and im going to look at a banshee tomorrow and getting it somtime this week. Is there anything i should know about banshees? Thanks

Welcome to BHQ! There is alot of good reading and learning on here.

If you have a compression tester I would recommend checking it while your looking at the bike. Ask the owner if its ever been rebuilt, and how many times. Look for any noticeable bends or cracks on the frame. In my opinion, the more the seller knows about the bike the better. If the seller has no idea whats been done to the bike, and can't even tell you what jetting it likes.....thats not a good sign. If I buy a used banshee I prefer a one owner machine.

Like toytech said, use good premix oil...everyone has there own preference. I run Klotz R-50.

Post some pics when you pick her up :headbang:

guy said its all stock engine and exhaust, but it has nerf bars and skid plates i bring a compression tester it should be over 120 right? in each cylinder, and ill be making a leakdown tester for it also. I plan to keep it mild till i get used to all this power, just some pwk 28s maybe pipe it, cool heads, billet water impelor,new grab bar and bumper, its a 1999 btw and looks really clean, doesnt have any wear from the boots rubbing on the frame either and i cant see any rust either from the pics

WP_000211.jpg

WP_000212.jpg

WP_000213.jpg

WP_000214.jpg

Guy said it was bored .40 over with ten hours on it, he did the work his self, there seams to be some sorta resido around the gasket meeting surfaces on the out side, but it was dried up and wouldnt come of by scratching it, theres one small crack in the plastics by the raditor, the rad is dented in some near the bottom, it starts in one kick, when i rode it there was a rattle it wasnt coming from the engine but you could easily hear it, there were no knocks or anything sounded good, but the left foot peg area was wobbling but the bolts wernt in the whole way but he said they wouldnt go in further after he put the nerf bars on, also the part where you screw the throttle cable in is broken so ill have to order a new one

You don't want a project bike.. Judging by what I seen in the pics I'd pass on it. As excited as you may be for a new bike, best thing you can do is wait. You'll find another for a good buy. I was in the SAME boat you were. I found a banshee that needed a few parts, thinking nothing of it. I ended up getting convinced to sit on it, and find a better one. Unless you're getting a GREAT buy, I'd pass. You'd be amazed at what you'll find when you get it home.. Take a really good look at it if you do decide to buy it. Check all of the bushings, bearings, tie rods, etc. Shake it back and forth while you're on it and see if you feel any play anywhere. It looks like the headlights are brand new.. Ask if/why? Try to check if the frame is straight as well. Looks like it was rolled, or hit something to say the least. Ask him how bad the roll was. lol Good luck!

I picked my shee up for 2600 bucks.. (IMO, sit on it until you find something better)

DSCN0730.jpg

DSCN0729.jpg

DSCN0731-1.jpg

Edited by figuare9

i did stand on it and shack it a little and there did seem to be some play but i think it was the foot peg mount, also when i get it i want to make sure its safe to ride on, what all should i look for, i just ride in the trails and strippings here in pa

i did stand on it and shack it a little and there did seem to be some play but i think it was the foot peg mount, also when i get it i want to make sure its safe to ride on, what all should i look for, i just ride in the trails and strippings here in pa

a banshee is a blaster's big brother same maintanence

have fun and hangon tight

Are you doing straight-up trade or you adding boot? (extra cash) Have you ridden it? If it's unrideable because of throttle I'd be wary. How will you know if everything works? I'll bet it's been rolled, those aren't stock rear fenders, fronts have lots of stress marks, rad cover cracked. Look at steering hoop closely. Put front on milk crate and check all bushings, ball joints, wheel brgs. Then do same for rear.

What is his reasoning for trading a shee for a Blasturd? Throw some pics of Blasty up and list any mods.

If you get it fix that foot peg first thing !!

BTW, nothing wrong with a Blaster, my son has one along with the shee. Some mods and a little engine work and it's a lot of fun, rips good. :cheers:

WP_000077.jpg

WP_000087.jpg

mods to the blaster are:

• La/ct big bore kit

• Front itp c series sport rims

• Rear itp t9 rims

• Rear kenda kutters

• Front holeshot exct

• Ebc dirt digger clutch

• Pe billit clutch basket

• Ac racing front bumper

• Works shocks front and back but im keeping the fronts for the shee

• Did 520 ert2 gold chain

• 14-40 gearing

• Mod quad oil filler cap

• Polished billit throttle cover

• Keihin pwk 35

• Throttle cable

• Clutch cable

• Pro taper SE bars

• Allen head bolt kit

• Vitos degree key

• New uni air filter

• Toomey b1 exhaust kit

• Ac racing grab bar

• Ac racing nerf bars

also its a straight up trade

i checked the play in the front suspension and the wheels have slight side to scid play. and i did ride it just up and down his drive way tho fisrt it started to feel like there was resistance in it but then it died but the fuel was off so i guess it just ran out of gas so i put it on and it fired back up and was no resistance