Banshee transmission and electric problem

Hi, my friend just bough a 2004 banshee. The transmission is hard to shift up and down. The neutral is also really hard to find. Is that just the shift star, the fork inside the case, or a problem related with the gears ?

Secondly, the light didn't work full time. He claim that the throttle get stuck (And the TORS have been removed) when the lighting problem happen. Is that a resistance, or a wire that ground on the frame ??

Thanks for your help !

The banshee transmission is less than ideal. In face its no where near perfect in its stock form. They are difficult (somewhat) to shift gears compared to other quads. And yes....neutral is a real challenge to find.......its just how they are.

You can do the shift star mod (which is on the forum here) where you pull the star off and grind the edges to a smaller less sharp point (dont do it to neutral)....it will allow the shift star to rotate the shift arm easier over it......i did it to my bike and it works really well...

The banshee transmission is less than ideal. In face its no where near perfect in its stock form. They are difficult (somewhat) to shift gears compared to other quads. And yes....neutral is a real challenge to find.......its just how they are.

You can do the shift star mod (which is on the forum here) where you pull the star off and grind the edges to a smaller less sharp point (dont do it to neutral)....it will allow the shift star to rotate the shift arm easier over it......i did it to my bike and it works really well...

I did the shift star mod on mine, but his quad is really hard to shift. The transmission on my banshee is stock, and it shift 5x better than my friend's banshee. Are there any internal parts that could be broken ?

I did the shift star mod on mine, but his quad is really hard to shift. The transmission on my banshee is stock, and it shift 5x better than my friend's banshee. Are there any internal parts that could be broken ?

And the electric problem ? What could it be ?