What pipes are better cpi or shearer

1320CaliKing

heard RDZ pipes smokes both of these with ease

Again, depends on exhaust port duration. I dynoed an (alleged) RDZ 10 mil Cub with RDZ pipes and with BB CPIs (the semi hand coned kind) and the CPIS made better power everywhere. The ex port was 200*. I have been told by builders that the CPIs favor the higher duration, and I confirmed that on the dyno.

The RDZ pipe is Matt Shearer's old design, matt's latest pipes make more power than most any pipe. although my Grand Rivers made 6 more whp than the latest shearer.

There has been some confusion in recent years over Shearer's "new" and "old" design. The only "new" design is any stamped small bore pipe. The "old" design was the hand coned small bore pipes. He told me all the stamped ones are exactly the same and there is no newer stamped version. I called him about a year ago to order the "new" design and he told me the 3 yr old stamped pipes I already had were the same; so I didn't order any. I asked him several times why people (including myself) thought there was a new, better stamped version, and all he kept saying is that all the stamped ones have always been the same.

My pipes have nothing to do w/ shearer they are my own design!

Rob you are in a rumor mill in Michigan all the way to Cali. I think you can figure out who they are. I've had some not so pleasant dealings with the one up north. This subject (about the pipes) comes up quite a bit. I run your pipe on all of our Blasters but 1, and it runs the power pros. We make anywhere from 52- 63 whp runnin your pipe.

• 2 weeks later...