banshee too rich. throttle slides switched?

ive been told that my banshee was running too rich because of the slides were in the wrong carb. how do i switch them?? and i checked my choke it isnt sticking

Get a Clymer's manual. It'll give you step by step w/pics. Best $30 you'll ever spend on your banshee.

ive been told that my banshee was running too rich because of the slides were in the wrong carb. how do i switch them?? and i checked my choke it isnt sticking

slides wont fit if their in the opposite carbs, if you did they would be stuck wide open due to the pin in the carb. on stock carbs anyway.

Edited by FORMULASPEED

slides wont fit if their in the opposite carbs, if you did they would be stuck wide open due to the pin in the carb. on stock carbs anyway.

Not true. Wrong side will fit if it's put in backwards too. It's not an uncommon mistake, it happens and makes the engine run like shit and especially hard to adjust at low speeds.

If you look into the throat of the carbs with the air filter removed, the bottom edge of the slides facing you should be "cut off", not flat-bottom cylinders. This is why I said to get he Clymer's manual for the banshee. The pics will show you what to look for and walk you through step-by-step if you need to disassemble/reassemble anything.

X2 on the clymer manual. I'm fairly new to the banshee commnunity, been riding ever since I was little but first time owning the shee. I tore into my carbs this weekend to get a better grasp on what my bike was running so I know how to tune this beast. Couldn't have done it without the clymer.

Edited by FullThrottle_06'

Not true. Wrong side will fit if it's put in backwards too. It's not an uncommon mistake, it happens and makes the engine run like shit and especially hard to adjust at low speeds.

If you look into the throat of the carbs with the air filter removed, the bottom edge of the slides facing you should be "cut off", not flat-bottom cylinders. This is why I said to get he Clymer's manual for the banshee. The pics will show you what to look for and walk you through step-by-step if you need to disassemble/reassemble anything.

Rite, I forgot some people dont know the cut away goes to the air box